- WifeGeeding tries her best to get me a nice birthday present each year, but usually she comes up short and I’m left with a fake smile.Â This year she came through with a Slingbox ProÂ and a natrual smile appeared.Â It allows me to watch what’s on my Tivo (recorded or live TV) via laptop, work computer, and even my Treo.Â I’m having a little trouble with my Treo, but hopefully I can work that out before I head to Boston.
- A local sports DJ wrote a book about the Dallas Cowboys called Greatest Team EverÂ and one of my closest friends gave me the book for my birthday.Â The author takesÂ aÂ best five year span of each football dynasty and breaks down the stats for his argument and then goes into detail regarding the history of the Cowboys after Jerry bought the team.Â I hardly ever get that “I can’tÂ put this book down feeling,” butÂ this book is very enjoyable for a Cowboys fan.Â The only disappointment thus far isÂ three mistakes I’ve found in the book so far.Â
- Mark Cuban is going to be on Dancing With The Stars along with some other folks.Â I’ll at least TV it to see what Cuban is capable of.Â I know he use to teach dance lessons in college, but I wonder how he’s recovered from hip surgery.Â To be honest, the one person I would like to see on the show is Yasmine Bleeth.Â Back in the day, she had it going on, then fell into drugs.Â I hear she’s recovered nicely, and think something like this show would beÂ a nice transition back into Hollywood, but maybe she doesn’t want to be part of that environment anymore.
- TCU and Baylor played a football game over the weekend.Â Even though TCU has “Christian” in its name, I really never have thought of it as being a school of faith andÂ ministry.Â Baylor tries, but I think most of you know my thoughts about Baptist schools.
- I have never thought favorably of Texas Tech.
- Even though I don’t like Texas A&M and Oklahoma, I’ve always thought favorably of them.
- I’m tired of hearing about Southlake Carroll in the news.
- Division I-AA Appalachian State beats 5th ranked Michigan – in Michigan.Â Amazing.Â How does Michigan recover from losing their home opener in such a fashion?Â Biggest upset in college footbally history?Â College football has finished one week, and we already know one coach that is on the hot seat.
- For the last five years or so I’ve made sure to catch the beginning and end of the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon, mainly because I just don’t know how much longer Jerry has on this earth.Â It’s amazing how the staples of my life areÂ no longer there:Â Brokaw, Jennings, Rather, Bob Barker, Carson, Britney, etc.Â Â Usually celebrities campaign against a disease once he or she is inflicted, but this isn’t the case with Jerry and I’ve always admired him for that.Â This was the first year that I can remember that KXAS NBC 5 didn’t show the beginning.Â Heck, they usually telecast the entire marathon, but not this year.Â Signs of the times I guess.
- The Wikepedia entry on the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon is quite interesting.Â One thing that caught my attention was how MDA donated one million dollars to the Salvation Army after Hurricane Katrina.Â One charity donating to another, that’s something else.
- Mike Snyder of KXAS NBC 5 gets fatter each year.Â Now that I think of it, that station has to have the fattest reporters/anchors of all DFW:Â Snyder, Newy Scruggs, Randy Mcllwain – and I haven’t even named the females.
- I watched Donny BrascoÂ for the first time this weekend.Â Amazing film.Â What’s more amazing is that it’s based on a true story.
- I watched The Simpsons Movie this weekend.Â I think it was only my second trip to the theater this year.Â I’d rather just wait for a movie to come to DVD so I can watch it in the comfort of my own home without having to wait in line, put up with cell phones, and other annoyances.Â Ten years ago the only time I would watch a movie would be in a theater.Â Yup, I’m getting old.
- The shed is finally finished.
- I can’t wait to start my new job.Â Actually, I can’t wait to leave my current job.
- My new neighbors are from Finland, and I can’t understand a word they say, but I know they are Dallas Star fans.
- I just can’t get over the fact that mushrooms are a fungus, and that’s why I refuse to eat them.Â Â
- I need the fall television season and the NFL to hurry up and get here.
Bag of Randomness
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.
Happy belated birthday!
I’m glad to hear about someone enjoying Norm’s book. I want to read it, but I’ve been waiting to hear about someone whose opinion I trust.
I’m also glad to hear that I’m not the only one waiting for the new TV season. This is the worst time of the television viewing year.
Finally, blog goodness…
you are no longer allowed to take blogging vacations.
If you miss anymore days we are going to have to require you to bring a doctors note.
Welcome back and good luck with the new job, I myself gave notice just yesterday. Happy and sad at the same time. I love those I work with but the new opportunity is just too good.
A guy I work with has a daughter that attends Appy ST, she asked him to go to see the game and he politely declined! Poor guy didn’t think it would be exciting to see App ST lose!
Listening to the Ticket this morning and they pointed out that Todd Dodge had the UNT football team dressed to look like his old Southlake Carroll high school team. All of the assistant coaches were also dressed to look like Southlake Carroll assistants. The Musers were trying to recall when a college team ever changed their uniforms to copy a high school team…couldn’t do it. Stoops didn’t seemed to be impressed either
Good to have you back! Three days is a long time to go without a fix of BoN.