- Texas has 49,829 bridges. That doesn’t include private, pedestrian, railroad, utility or federally owned spans. The total is 40 percent more than any other state.
- The U.S. has about 607,363 bridges.
- 19% were built before 1950.
- Last fiscal year, the state allotted $50.5 million for bridge maintenance.
- There is a Bridge City, Texas.
- The Houston Street Viaduct bridge that crossesÂ I30 and the Trinity RiverÂ is the oldest in Texas, built in 1911.
Also, I didn’t realize there was a difference between a bridge and overpass until WifeGeeding informed me.
I wonder if anyone knows the name of this bridge or whereÂ is it located?