Here’s the rules:
- Every weekday (that isnâ€™t a major holiday) either Hank or John will post a video addressed to each other but available to the public. (Sometimes, Hank and John will use private videos to communicate private and/or boring things, such as how to compress videos using imovie in a way that wonâ€™t piss off youtube.)
- Hank and John will not directly communicate, under any circumstances, via any textual means. No email and no IMs and no text messages. (Weâ€™re doing B2.0 partly because over the last several years, living on opposite sides of the country and all, our relationship became almost exclusively textual.) Some phone calls are allowed.
- If one of us should fail to update by 11:59 PM on the appointed date, a punishment will be meted out. We already seem to have agreed that the first such punishment would be having to sing The Proclaimersâ€™ â€œ500 Milesâ€ on video.
- Textual communication will also result in punishment. (See, for instance, the chin-waxing.)
- I think as a practical matter we have agreed that videos should never be over four minutes in length.
Wow . . . what a fascinating idea!Â I’m trying to imagine what it would be like to communicate with one of my best friends for an enire year with this method.
(Thanks, Mary From The Library!)