1. Duck brand duct tape Stuck-at-Prom Contest
Shopping for a prom outfit can be tough and students want to ensure no one else has the same dress. If a student wears the latest fashion in duct tape, he or she may win cash for college and flex their creative muscles at the same time.
2. Chick and Sophie Major Memorial Duck-Calling Contest
Students can quack their hearts out for 90 seconds using four calls: hail, feed, comeback, and mating–to win big ducks, oops, we mean, bucks–for higher education.
3. Patrick Kerr Skateboard Scholarship
Fakie, dropin, and ollie sound familiar? Not only is skateboarding not a crime, there is even a scholarship available for students with a solid GPA. SK8 on!
4. Scholar-Athlete Milk Mustache-of-the-Year (SAMMY) Award
Milk does a body good, and helps pay for college! If students demonstrate excellence in academics, athletic performance, leadership, and community service, and like to sport a milk mustache; this is the scholarship for them.
5. Tall Clubs International (TCI) Scholarship
This scholarship is strictly for those who are not vertically challenged. Women who are at least 5 ft 10 in and men who are at least 6 ft 2 in are eligible.
6. Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship
Carnivores need not apply; however, students who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools and/or communities are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
7. Writers- and Illustrators-of-the-Future Contest
The story of the unknown world can be yours to tell. Student authors can submit science fiction stories and/or illustrations to be considered for this financial reward.
8. Excellence-in-Predicting-the-Future Award
This scholarship encourages students to pursue economics and participate in the prediction market for a chance to win money for school. But they probably already knew that, right?!
9. American Welding Society Scholarships
Student welders familiar with trade skills such as allied joining, brazing, soldering, and thermal spraying are eligible for this scholarship in order to hone their craft.
10. Van Valkenburg Memorial Scholarship
What’s in a name? Money for college! That is, if a student possesses the last name Van Valkenburg or a similar variation.