I watched the televised debate between Democrat Bell, Kinky Friendman, Governor Good-Hair, and One Tough GrandmaÂ last night, and actually found it amusing.Â However, I think we are screwed no matter who wins.
The best part of the debate was a ‘sudden death’ segment.Â Each candidate was given 15 seconds to answer a fact question by a Belo reportor.Â I wish this could be done for presidential debates.
Here areÂ the questions asked to the candidates:
- What year was the battle of the Alamo? (answered correctly, 1836)
- Are there term limits for the governor?Â (answered correctly, no)
Governor Good Hair
- What was the August electic bill at the Governor’s Mansion.Â (he said four to five thousand.)
- What is the current interest rate for a 30 year mortgage.Â (his answer was about half a percent off)
- How much money from the Texas Lottery goes to Texas Education?Â (he got it right)
- What is the cost (tuition, books, and fees) for a freshman to attend the University of Texas? (he didn’t know, but it’s close to $8,100)
One Tough Grandma
- How long do unemployment benefits last?Â (she didn’t know)
- Who is the newly elected president of Mexico? (she didn’t know).
Also, it’s harder than heck to find a transcript of this thing.Â But if you actualy want to watch it online, click here.