- I feel like January has been a slow month.
- I’m surprised how much DaughterGeeding has gotten into the Dallas Stars. She can name most of the players from memory and shows me funny TikTok videos of the team.
- I never felt “validated” until I was in a romantic relationship, and that didn’t happen until I was around 26 years of age. I guess that comes from being picked and teased on a lot when I was a kid. So, when I got divorced, I sorta felt invalidated. A lot of my recovery is trying to prove to myself that I don’t need anyone to make me feel validated, that I, myself, is enough to just be.
- I often confused two local cities, The Colony and Trophy Club, for each other. I did it yesterday.
- I don’t respect San Francisco 49’ers coach Kyle Shannonian for one reason, the way he wears his cap with that flat brim which makes it look oversized for his head. It makes his head look big, as if it has it’s
- Now I’m reminded about my favorite quotes about a big head, which comes from the Mike Myers’ film So I Married an Axe Murderer.
Would ya look at the size of that kid’s head! It’s a virtual planetoid and it has it’s own weather system! Looks like an orange on a toothpick!I’m not kidding, that boy’s head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn’t it? He’ll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.
- With apps, streaming services, and a plethora of channels to choose from, kids nowadays don’t have a Bob Barker figure for when they stay home sick from school.
- Often before a person announces a run for the presidency, they like to do things that subliminally encourages others to view them as presidential. I felt our governor was doing that with the pretend Secret Service agents at his inauguration. Usually, he just uses uniformed DPS officers for protection.
- LiberallyLean mentioned Art Briles the other day, and that got me to thinking and comparing him to Dave Bliss. In my opinion, Bliss make the bigger mistake of the two, yet he was able to still become employable.
- I can’t believe, okay, maybe I can, that so many conservatives fall for the debunked cat litter myth. Here’s the Snopes article of how it all got started.
- Thief steals St. Michael statue from church, trips, and is injured by the angel’s sword
- Texas Monthly – The Big Business Of Quinceañeras – The average quince now runs more than $20,000.
- Food made of aborted fetuses needs clear labels, new Texas bill says – A Texas Republican proposed a bill in the state legislature calling for any food that contains “aborted human fetal tissue” to be clearly labeled, however according to one federal agency there is no need.
- The lights have been on at a Massachusetts school for over a year because no one can turn them off – Blame it on the pandemic and “supply chain problems,” says the school district’s assistant superintendent of finance.
Nothing here… Only a guy playing fetch with a beluga whale..pic.twitter.com/OyUccjFCMg
— Kevin W. (@Brink_Thinker) January 19, 2023