- And just like that, it’s September. The days are slow, but the years are fast. I find a lot of truth in that statement.
- Don’t worry, I’ll be dead soon. Last year, my cholesterol was a relatively healthy 178. As of Saturday, my cholesterol is a whopping 308. I’ve also put on 40lbs rather fast.
- The Musers were talking about a new documentary about the Lakers and Dr. Jerry Buss. It turns out he raised enough money to buy the Cowboys, but word got out that the board of governors wouldn’t approve the sale of a football team to a playboy millionaire. What an amazing thought, one man could have owned two of the three most iconic teams in sport.
- I’ve mentioned it before, but I hate how unfair the standard divorce decree in Texas is. It states if I get a new job, I have to notify the court and my ex by certified mail. The ex can get a new job but doesn’t have to inform me or the court. That makes me feel like I did something wrong, like I broke the law or something. I think it’s cruel and unusual punishment.
- There was a coming of age moment I wish I could have shared with the mother of my children. It’s not a big deal, especially for most of you, but DaughterGeeding now wants to walk to school. I only live a mile from the school and there are plenty of sidewalks. I said yes after briefing her on some safety concerns and instructing her to text me as soon as she steps foot on campus. Her brother still prefers me to drive him to school. So, it’s nice being able to still take one of them to school, and then check up on the other as I drive to ensure her safety.
- This CNN article says to apply very hot water to a mosquito bite, but doesn’t say why. So, I did the research and the best reason why hot water is that it will overload the nerves in the same way ice does and also opens the pores to allow the itch-causing toxins easier escape.
- Think TopGolf ….. but with soccer balls and a simulator screen – Immersive social soccer experience comes to the Dallas Design District in 2023.
- The article has a drone fly through experience of the one in London which is pretty cool.
- An AI-Generated Artwork Won First Place at a State Fair Fine Arts Competition, and Artists Are Pissed
- She makes a good point.
Is it bothering anyone else that Matt Chandler was confronted in Feb, just got put on leave at the end of August, and was allowed to lead during an entire investigation that concluded disciplinary action should take place?
— Lori K (@LoriK2point0) August 31, 2022
- I’d like to see him try . . .
- Stacey Abrams is a very poised speaker. She was well coached for this debate. The format of the debate is weird. The candidates are standing next to one another. So, when they speak to the other, they do so by not looking at their opponent, but by looking straight into the camera. It would be hard for me to talk to someone and not look directly at them. I did a little research on her and discovered she’s a Longhorn. And here’s my hot political opinion, she’ll be the first female POTUS.
Oh my goodness watch this pic.twitter.com/JO2s52o8xN
— Ben Wexler (@mrbenwexler) August 31, 2022
Window cleaning pro pic.twitter.com/u26k82noiO
— Fast Workers (@happywithjobs) August 31, 2022
- Bono’s latest animated extract from his memoir SURRENDER