- That photo President Trump recently tweeted of his meeting with Speaker Pelosi captivated me. It’s worth looking at a high-resolution version to check out some of the details. Look around at all the faces in the room, compare them individually and then the entire right side and the entire left side. Look at the general’s face and body language, controlled, measured, resolute and nonpartisan. Notice how almost everyone on the right is looking down as if they are in discomfort, then observe those around Pelosi who appear engaged and attentive. At first, I didn’t notice Trump’s facial expression and how he is sitting a little further back from the table than everyone else. I also think it’s interesting how we talk about left vs right politics and in this very case that’s exactly what we have, though not everyone on the left are Democrats. For instance, Liz Cheney is sitting on the left. This leads to another aspect, of the 18 or so people at the table, all are white and only two are female. Thankfully there was some civility, everyone was using a coaster. The Secretary of Defense (Mark Esper) is sitting to Trump’s left, depending on how you look at it, his glass of water is either half full or half empty.
- The most shocking thing coming out of the White House yesterday was the president’s kind and thoughtful tweet about the passing of Congressman Elijah Cummings.
- I was hired at Fidelity Investments 20 years ago today, it was my first “big time” job out of college. The date has stuck with me because during orientation it was strongly suggested to remember your hire date as you will need it to fill out any employee-related form for the entirety of your Fidelity tenure.
- “Who you are is not who you are doomed to be.”
- “Cluckingham Palace,” the 18,327-square-foot Bo Pilgrim estate in Pittsburg, Texas is for sale. It’s much nicer and extravagant than I expected. His commercials cracked me up as a kid. And, as you might expect:
- There are chickens and roosters everywhere, from the kitchen tiles to the laundry room wet hanging rod. They were in the carpets, the filigrees, chiseled into the elaborate ceiling molding trim.
- Have you ever wanted to be as fit as a Starfleet officer? If so, I have an upcoming fitness guide for you – Star Trek: Body by Starfleet A Fitness Guide. Get a better idea of the regimen with this video.
- On the third of October, it was reported Energy Secretary Rick Perry was expected to announce his resignation by the end of November. Perry’s office denied it and proclaimed, “One day the media will be right.” Yesterday it was announced he will indeed be resigning before the end of the year.
- Congratulations on Bob and Dan broadcasting 5,000 shows together.
- As if Dallas doesn’t have to deal with the stigma of a presidential assassination and conspiracy theories already:
Info Wars’ Alex Jones is driving around the Dallas AAC shouting that the deep state is trying to assassinate @realDonaldTrump.
Jones is a conspiracy theorist who has called the Sandy Hook Shooting a hoax. He’s been sued by parents and lost an appeal this week. pic.twitter.com/vXROf6YTVc
— Matt Howerton (@HowertonNews) October 18, 2019
- Maybe they could have put them in a big pile with a “Free Chairs” sign above it for the exiting crowd.
Cleaning crews have dumped hundreds of lawn chairs in dumpsters surrounding the AAC ahead of the @realDonaldTrump rally.
They’re not allowed inside, and a lot of people who stayed overnight had no choice but to part ways. pic.twitter.com/Bf3fYJRXuP
— Matt Howerton (@HowertonNews) October 17, 2019