Bag of Randomness for Tuesday, October 22, 2019
- Sunday was the last day of the State Fair of Texas and somehow I was talked into taking the family. While I attended the fair two other times, I never really experienced the fair. My first two visits coincided with a musical and concert and just a sampling of the fair atmosphere. This was my first “real” fair experience and it was just the hell and fun I thought it would be. I really didn’t realize just how large the fair is but it gets a bit repetitive after a while with the same old games and food booths.
- Traffic was horrible and I refused to park anywhere but on fair grounds. All the houses and private properties surrounding Fair Park offer parking, a lot of them on front lawns. I’ve heard too many stories of people getting swindled, towed, or broken into. But hey, the weather was great. And, my goodness, crowded, very, very crowded.
- As a teacher, WifeGeeding receives free admission and students receive free tickets, so I was the only one who had to make a purchase. But, when we got to the gate, we found out the kids’ tickets were only good Monday – Friday. The gate attendant was very cool and simply let them in with a smile. I will say, just about every employee of the State Fair of Texas was exceptionally kind. It was a little surprising, but maybe it was because it was the last day and they were in a good mood.
- I’ve mentioned many times how I don’t do well in crowds and loud noise and have an example. I was getting hungry and maybe slightly dehydrated so I stood in line to get food and a drink. One of the larger rides was directly behind me and loud repetitive techno music was playing. I placed my order without a problem but when it came time to count my coupons, currency, in this case, I simply couldn’t do it. I placed the coupons on the counter and tried to count but I had a mental block. It’s odd because the coupons were untorn and in sheets and very easy to count, 20 coupons per sheet. I need to give the attendant 35 craved to some sort of pressure. Sheepishly, I told her I don’t do well in crowds and can’t concentrate enough to count. She gave me one of those, “It’s okay, surgar” looks and counted my coupons for me. After I retained my whits I was able to determine how many tickets I actually had at the moment and thankful she didn’t take advantage of me.
- For some reason, I found several cardboard cutouts of Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller.
- This car in the parking lot looked like it came from the set of The Walking Dead.
- I donate blood regularly and did so on Saturday morning. Yesterday, my phone rings and I can see it’s Carter BloodCare calling. They have never called me after a donation before, so I answered with apprehension thinking my bloodwork indicated something bad. All they wanted to do was thank me for my donation. Sheesh, send me an email next time or don’t thank me at all.
- We’ve all seen the OU wagon overturn, but I’m still shocked not one member of the RUF/NEKS immediately decided to check on the state and well-being of the female passenger. It was obviously their immediate concern was the wagon itself.
- DaughterGeeding’s teacher was inside the Oval Office this weekend, some sort of connection of a friend of a friend who works for VP Pence.
- Somewhere in Alabama is a very untroubled person named Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III.
- Student Hacked Into School District System To Gain Competitive Advantage In Water Gun Fight, Officials Say
- Photographing the Afterlives and Second Acts of America’s Movie Palaces
View post on imgur.com
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink