- Yesterday Congressman Joseph Cao of Louisiana, who is of Vietnamese descent, said the following to BP America CEO Lamar McKay:
In the Asian culture we do things differently. During the Samurai days, we would just give you a knife and ask you to commit Hari-Kari. My constituents are still debating on what they want me to ask you to do, but that being said, the cleaning up process has been a disgrace and the claims process has been dismal…I get that he wants to be tough, but Samurai is a Japanese reference, and personally, I’m not totally comfortable with the statement, but not to the point that I’m insulted or offended. To me, he’s implying he’s Japanese or grouping all Asians together, even with his qualifier of “In the Asian culture.” Asian folks have a hard time with the rest of the world confusing the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Vietnamese, and the rest of the Asian culture as is. I guess it’s not really a big deal, but it just stuck out, and you folks tend to enjoy getting inside my thoughts.
- I posted a video a while back of a camera that somehow got attached to a sea turtle. Here’s an update and the back story.
- Twitter has done a cool thing with the World Cup – FIFA World Cup 2010 Hashtags On Twitter are Converted into Country Flags
- Turns out that Obama wasn’t in the “Whoomp! (There it is)” video.
- The Angela Merkel, the Chancellor of Germany, has a common pose.
- I can’t stand the use the font Comic Sans, but I’m sure they can’t stand me either. Link – Language Warning
- Dr. Oz’s 25 Greatest Health Tips