Bag of Randomness
- People seem to enjoy forwarding me negative emails attacking Obama, as if they think that one email is going to be an epiphany and will totally cause me to turn and hate the guy. The latest was something saying he didn’t want those Somali pirates killed and that he wanted to peacefully negotiate with them. I’m not gullible enough to believe such a thing.
- This couple must really like Shrek.
- And that guy hasn’t even been in office a 100 days.
- I know George W. Bush had his haters in the beginning, but I think a lot of that had to do with him not winning the popular vote the first time around. I think he got more haters towards the end of this presidency because of Iraq, the sagging economy, his strong armed VP, and fig newtons.
- I don’t know why I included fig newtons, but I thought it sounded funny.
- I remember the Far Right saying that they think the Far Left is secretly hoping that the U.S. would fail in Iraq, regarding “the surge” and all, just so that the Far Left would looked vindicated in opposing the surge and the war. I now think the Far Right is secretly hoping for a terrorist attack just to make the Far Left look like they are some on terrorism. But I think the middle of both parties don’t care how their respective parties look, they just want what’s best for this country.
- During my lunch hour I decided to get my hair cut since there’s a place near by that offers a company discount. One problem, when I drove up to the hair cut place it was out of business.
- But there was a place one the second floor of the shopping center that I could get a haircut with a sign that said “Walk-Ins Welcomed.” (Sidenote – American writers prefer having the period within that quote, but the British are more logical and would place the period outside of that quote, since it’s not part of the actual message. That’s one reason I prefer the British style of writing, it’s more logical.”
- That place was fully of old women, but had two barbers. When I asked if I could get a haircut and how long was the wait, one old lady in curlers said under her breath, “Walk-in? Good Lord.”
- Turns out I got my hair cut by the same guy that cuts Rick Carlisle’s hair.
- While waiting I saw a familiar face, which made me realize I studied the Kennedy assassination a bit too much. Former Dallas Morning News reporter and author Hugh Aynesworth was next in line to get a hair cut.
- It looks like the Obamas’ dog has its own Beanie Baby. Link
- In case you didn’t know, Yahoo decided to pull the plug on Geocities. I actually had a Geocities site back in the day.
- Here’s the correct link to that addicting game I mentioned yesterday, but provided the incorrect link.
- I think I must have eaten something bad and I’m hallucinating because I just turned on the Mavericks game and they are beating he Spurs 72-38 close to the end of the third quarter.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink