01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset,
the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably,
someone would answer, I don’t know, but he left this behind.
What did he leave behind?____________
02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all
watched them on The __________________ Show.
03. “Get your kicks, ___________________.”
04. “The story you are about to see if true. The names have been
05. “In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.”
06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we “danced”
under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the “_____________.”
07. “N_E_S_T_L_E_S”, Nestle’s makes the very best _______________.”
08. Satchmo was America’s “Ambassador of Goodwill.” Our parents shared
this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was
09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________
10. Red Skelton’s hobo character was named __________________ and Red
always ended his television show by saying, “Good Night, and
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk
in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, “the day the music
died.” This was a tribute to ___________________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The
Russians did it. It was called ___________________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50’s and 60’s was a large plastic
ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ________________
Answers after the jump . . .
01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
02. The Ed Sullivan Show
03. On Route 66
04. To protect the innocent.
05. The Lion sleeps tonight
06. The limbo
08. Louis Armstrong
09. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader, and “Good Night, and may God Bless.”
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned.)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
I got 100% on the first pass…does that make me an old fart at the age of 33….?
Me too, at 38.
I think I missed one (what Red Skelton said before he signed off…I must have always fallen asleep!)
I’m almost 48 and I lost to the two 30 year old young-uns? Are you kidding me?
Missed ’em all 🙂