- I initially took today off from work in honor of wifeGeeding’s birthday and in acknowlegement of my proposal to her four years ago; however, I learned late last night that my closest high school friends were going to be in the area playing golf at the Tour 18 golf course.Â I was late coming to the party and couldn’t play, but was able to ride with them.Â WifeGeeding was nice enough to let me be with them as long as I was her the rest of the afternoon and evening.Â Her letting me hang out with the friends I grew up with could possibly be the best thing that happened to me all year.Â It was so great being able to get away from everything, fellowship, be out doors for a change, and not feel pressured to actually hit a golf ball was just what the doctor ordered.Â I actually feel a bit rejuvenated.Â I’m thankful both of them were willing to make a long drive over to DFW to hang out for a while.Â Blessing indeed.Â
- Since it’s wifeGeeding’s birthday, she had the honors of selecting a movie to rent.Â Of course it just happenedÂ to star her favorite bit of eye candyÂ Matthew McConaughey.Â The movie was Failure to Launch.Â It would have been better if someone other than Sarah Jessica Parker was casted, she’s definately on my over-rated females list.Â Also, for some reason everytime I see her I think of Barbaro.
- I often feel I have absolutely no value in anyone’s life.Â Then in the last two weeks I have been contacted by two different friends I haven’t heard from since college who just happened to find me through this website.
- Some odd series of events have happened and I had the opportunity to interview for a similar position at a competing firm.Â The interview went very well, and my salary would be increased by about 20%. However, the manager I would work for seems like she would be extremely high-maintenance and my hours would change.Â My current hoursÂ allow me to take my ailing mother to doctors appointments.Â If offered the position, I guess I will turn it down to live in contentment and mediocracy.
- I have no idea what would make me happy considering a career.Â I totally wish I knew what it would feel like to wake up and have that “I can’t wait to get to work feeling.”Â Sometimes I think I would like to get a PhD and teach full times, other times I feel like I want to work on another masters degree, probably something in educational technology.Â If I could only make a living by blogging and writing.
- I created another website recently, this one is for my Sunday school class and is called CentralParkBible.com.Â I am now webmaster of four different web sites.Â I tell others I am not a geek or a nerd, but I may be in denial.
- One of my friends that played golf with me is a Baptist minister and once asked me about U2, he was wondering if he was missing out on anything.Â That was about two years ago.Â Today I gave him a copy of One Step Closer: Why U2 Matters to Those Seeking God.Â All I asked him to do was read the first 25 pages in hopes he could just get a bit of an understanding how their music has help draw me closer to Christ.Â Along with that I created a U2 Starter Kit.Â It contains about 14 songs and a brief explanation of each.Â In case you are wondering, no, my friend I speak of is not the LittlePastor.
- I’ve been laying tile in wifeGeeding’s bathroom as a birthday present.Â I cut my hand, and it really hurts.
- I’m glad to see my favorite East Coast pastor is alive and well.Â May God continue to bless him, his family, and ministry in NYC.
- President Bush said ‘shit.’Â I don’t understand why it’s such a big deal that a president curses when not in the public eye.Â I’m not going to judge a person by a few words that man as a society considers to be vulgar.Â I have no idea what the Religious Right will think of this ordeal.
- I should have worn sunscreen.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.