Bag of Randomness
- Wowzers, yesterday was one crazy news day if you really think about it.
- The biggest news event of course was the tragedy at Fort Hood. Man, what a shame, and there’s so many peculiar things about it. The killer was a mental health professional with the very respectable rank of major and was of Jordanian descent. But another thing that really stands out for me is that he graduated from Virginia Tech – where another mass killing happened not too long ago.
- Every news source I was checking on for news regarding that tragedy was giving MSNBC the credit for all the latest news. They must have some good connections in that area.
- It also seemed that Rick Perry and Kay Bailey Hutchinson were both making themselves quite visible yesterday after the tragedy. It’s gonna be an interesting and ugly governor’s race.
- There was also some important news out of Washington yesterday regarding health care reform that I’m sure people on both sides of the issue wanted noted.
- The House bill put together by the Democrats got the approval of the AARP and the American Medical Association – two major endorsements if you consider that the AARP represents the elderly that seemed to be the most concerned about health care and the AMA that represents professionals in the health care industry.
- There was also a very, very vocal mass of Republicans at the capital that were making their presence well known and how angry they were regarding the latest health care bill.
- I hear many Republicans and tea-baggers often state that they “want their country back.” To be honest, that baffles me a little bit. When I hear that phrase, it makes me think that something was taken away from them, as if something was stolen. And I think they feel like there has been massive changes since the last election such as higher taxes and rights that have been taken away – and that simply isn’t true. I can understand their frustration at bailouts and such, but that whole “I want my country back” stuff is a bit over dramatic.
- And yes, I know the bailouts started with the previous administration.
- During the Bush administration when I disagreed strongly about many issues such as the Iraq War and the handling of aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and many other things, I never felt that I “lost my country.” That phrase never entered my mind because I had faith in democracy. But that’s just me.
- I think Republicans/Conservatives are more vocal than Democrats/Liberals, but I think many of you will disagree with me on that one.
- And the last bit of interesting news item, if you want to call it news, is Miss Christian Values, the one that posed topless and had breast implants that were paid for by pageant officials, has a sex tape. TMZ But I still don’t think she should have been vilified for her answer during the pageant. The nut in that scenario was Perez Hilton and his over-reaction.
- CBS 11 is going to do the whole restaurant cleanliness inspection investigation for sweeps. Seriously, hasn’t this been done a million times over?
- Yes, I know Megan Fox likes bacon, but I refuse to post the picture because it’s too racy for this blog.
- As I was driving into work yesterday I just happened to be behind a bunch of vans from KISS FM that were bringing kids for Kidd Kraddick’s Kidd’s Kids trip to Disney World.
- I always find it interesting how English speaking musicians perform in non-English speaking countries because you never see non-English speaking musicians perform here in the U.S. If music isn’t in English, we really wouldn’t give it the time of day.
- NBC does something that’s real annoying to me. After the last commercial break they will say there is more to come of a show, when it’s only just about another minute of the show as the credits role. At first I kept thinking another episode of the show was about to air.
- Fictional town appears on GoogleMaps.
- Wear orange and get a free Whataburger
- One heck of a door handle
- My manager thought I was still in my twenties. I’m not sure what to think of that.
- Watch a 3D movie as you shower?
- A collection of loafers
- The break of a curveball
- A cellphone for grandma
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink