At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we’ve rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us (we’re not “kidding”). A herder brings about 200 goats and they spend roughly a week with us at Google, eating the grass and fertilizing at the same time. The goats are herded with the help of Jen, a border collie. It costs us about the same as mowing, and goats are a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers.
- John Mackovic: Tuvok with the potty mouth.
- Abrian Stemmet: A bag full of nothing!
- Michael Willoughby: If you can, share the original video and/or the commercial that it is in. It might be...
- Bryan: I was friends with a local reporter/weekend anchor several years ago and, while he wasn't wealthy, he did...
- Ben W.: The Old English video was great. My 12th-grade English teacher spoke Old English, and read long passages of...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From