At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we’ve rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us (we’re not “kidding”). A herder brings about 200 goats and they spend roughly a week with us at Google, eating the grass and fertilizing at the same time. The goats are herded with the help of Jen, a border collie. It costs us about the same as mowing, and goats are a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers.
- ALEC: Jason: How many cops died in the line of duty in the UK last year? Zero
- Jason: Intentional acts (ramming) or damage caused in the commission of a felony (running from the cops) are...
- Deep Throat: Corrected link for above Chandler tirade: http://alvinreid.com/?p=1073#s thash.BZi4D66O.dpuf
- Deep Throat: The Village leadership is living inside a bubble of doctrine and belief which makes them blind. They...
- ALEC: How did he avoid going to prison?
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From