At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we’ve rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us (we’re not “kidding”). A herder brings about 200 goats and they spend roughly a week with us at Google, eating the grass and fertilizing at the same time. The goats are herded with the help of Jen, a border collie. It costs us about the same as mowing, and goats are a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers.
- Uppercase Matt: I find that so fantastically distasteful.
- DF of LL: That Bu…..what a goober.
- DF of LL: I met Fritz at an Albertson's in Denton before he passed away. I told him how much I enjoyed watching...
- sara: If you don’t follow miniature_xfiles_office on Instagram already, you need to....
- Corey: With you recent fascination over cadavers, I recommend this book if you haven't read it already:...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From