At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we’ve rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us (we’re not “kidding”). A herder brings about 200 goats and they spend roughly a week with us at Google, eating the grass and fertilizing at the same time. The goats are herded with the help of Jen, a border collie. It costs us about the same as mowing, and goats are a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers.
- Geeding: LOL! Oh my, I’m what you a ….. a little slow.
- ALEC: I also did those 57 degree dips (showers actually) as a child living in Bogota (8,675 feet above sea level),...
- John Mackovic: It was a joke 😉
- Geeding: Knowing you are a Libertarian, help me understand something. What do you consider small government? Off...
- John Mackovic: I think we had a couch made with the same material as your drapes.
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From