At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we’ve rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us (we’re not “kidding”). A herder brings about 200 goats and they spend roughly a week with us at Google, eating the grass and fertilizing at the same time. The goats are herded with the help of Jen, a border collie. It costs us about the same as mowing, and goats are a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers.
- AndreaJN: Hey @Michael, he’s got an eye twitch! Don’t nag if he can’t tell right from left 🙂
- Michael: Back row and second from the left? Really? Geeding, you -do- need to start proofreading…
- RPM: I first met Norm in the old Belo studios in downtown Dallas. I was a lowly long haired traffic reporter/intern...
- Susan: Yes, there was a return to normalcy yesterday. He said he received a lot of well-wishes, but he has comments...
- Triple Fake: I’m surprised he didn’t name it “Masters of the Universe Service”, with the...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From