At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we’ve rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us (we’re not “kidding”). A herder brings about 200 goats and they spend roughly a week with us at Google, eating the grass and fertilizing at the same time. The goats are herded with the help of Jen, a border collie. It costs us about the same as mowing, and goats are a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers.
- John Mackovic: They just showed that valentine's map on the Channel 11 news – and they had blurred out...
- sara: That was sooooo on purpose. I don't care how much $$ and fame he's got, I don't and never have...
- tommy: Sexual assault and rape is a police matter.. start there.
- Geeding: You right! How the heck did I forget she was in the remake?
- John Mackovic: "The way I see it, if you are going to tile your floor, why not do it with some style?"
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From