At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we’ve rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us (we’re not “kidding”). A herder brings about 200 goats and they spend roughly a week with us at Google, eating the grass and fertilizing at the same time. The goats are herded with the help of Jen, a border collie. It costs us about the same as mowing, and goats are a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers.
- sara: I hate it when the only stall available is the handicapped one because my feet won't reach the floor. I...
- John Mackovic: – Yep, the first thing I though of was that Ft. Worth case where the lady ran over the homeless...
- John Mackovic: Just a note – The last three head coaches,Mack, Mackovic and MacWilliams beat OU the year they...
- RPM: Really liked the premiere of Fargo. Will have to go back and watch again to see how many Easter Eggs I missed....
- Jason Truitt: You’re too hard on Baylor, and dreaming about UT and TCU.
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From