At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we’ve rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us (we’re not “kidding”). A herder brings about 200 goats and they spend roughly a week with us at Google, eating the grass and fertilizing at the same time. The goats are herded with the help of Jen, a border collie. It costs us about the same as mowing, and goats are a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers.
- John Mackovic: In the final version of the movie, Chewie didn't go into the bar, did he?
- John Mackovic: – If you have Directv, you need to have an antenna for backup. – About that sports trivia...
- Paul: When the weather alert comes on my TV screen I engage the Closed Captions and I am able to read the dialog...
- Nathan: Oh thank God! Ew.
- RPM: I got all warm and fuzzy watching Biden receive the PMF. I've always liked "Uncle Joe". He's...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From