At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we’ve rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us (we’re not “kidding”). A herder brings about 200 goats and they spend roughly a week with us at Google, eating the grass and fertilizing at the same time. The goats are herded with the help of Jen, a border collie. It costs us about the same as mowing, and goats are a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers.
- David Bryant: Regarding Jim Grobe, I think it was an easy decision. Baylor needs a 1 year coach, and Grobe is...
- ALEC: You, Sir, have a beautiful family. You are a very rich man indeed.
- Geeding: I did rate the drive and provided a description of why the rating was bad. I think there were also...
- Ben W.: A friend of mine had a bad Uber experience (the driver nearly got in two accidents, and at one point got...
- Tim: Fully understanding your first impression of Uber, I've always found it a great convenience and experience....
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From