At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we’ve rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us (we’re not “kidding”). A herder brings about 200 goats and they spend roughly a week with us at Google, eating the grass and fertilizing at the same time. The goats are herded with the help of Jen, a border collie. It costs us about the same as mowing, and goats are a lot cuter to watch than lawn mowers.
- DF of LL: It's Dungan…….DUN …..GAN Don't make me have to send a hailstorm your way....
- sara: Don't even get me started on Women's vanity sizing. I've dragged my hubby along and shown him...
- Rex Kramer: in the jeans department try banana republic. hear me out, they still carry boot cut and have odd numbered...
- Geeding: LOL. Oh man, it's pretty clear that my baseball knowledge is very limited. I never played any organized...
- John Mackovic: He was just doing his Ted Cruz impersonation.
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From