- There’s no better-looking trophy in professional sports than the Lombardi Trophy. I like the tradition of the Stanley Cup and all, but the Lombardi just looks sharp, simple, and dignified.
- Well, at least the Cowboys have won a Super Bowl more recently than the Niners. I think I’d rather my team not make the dance in three decades than make the dance three times and lose every time.
- I wonder how the Kennedy family Super Bowl party was going until RFK Jr’s ad aired.
- A man in Indonesia playing in a soccer game was struck by lightning and it was caught on video. I often get frustrated when football officials make players get off the field during a storm, but I now regret feeling that way.
Nothing could have prepared me for this pic.twitter.com/LZMjfo568R
— Crazy Clips (@crazyclipsonly) February 11, 2024
- Because I know faith in Christ is important to a lot of my readers, I thought they would appreciate this answer by Brock Purdy when asked about his faith.
Most of the big networks want to stay away from religion, but I wish they showed us more content like this rather than debating whether Brock Purdy is a game manager every day. Seems like a super humble guy. pic.twitter.com/ceIjtVfO4k
— Joe Pompliano (@JoePompliano) February 10, 2024
- Somewhat along those same lines, I recently read as a devout Catholic, President Biden has attended church more while in office than any president in at least 70 years.
- I think Jesus wouldn’t appreciate the money that could be used for the poor and immigrants being spent for millions of dollars of Super Bowl ads.
- Trump took a shot at Nikki Haley’s husband for not being at her events even though he’s on military deployment. Haley righteously defended her husband and spoke highly of our military, but I can’t overlook that she supported Trump after he mocked John McCain, attacked a Gold Star family, and called fallen military heroes “losers and suckers.”
- An odd tweet I read yesterday and I couldn’t tell if the person was serious or not, “President Biden sent military jets to escort Taylor Swift across the Pacific from Japan.”
- Governor Abbott’s campaign sent me a spam text during the second quarter.
- Someone pointing out Andy Reid flashing the shocker gave me a good laugh. If you are unfamiliar with that, don’t look up the urban dictionary definition.
- I wonder how much Taylor Swift spent flying from Japan and on her Super Bowl suite. Talk about a supportive girlfriend. I also wonder how much adrenaline she was running off of at the end of her performance, the flight, the jet lag, and just getting to her seat. Meanwhile, I debated on doing the dishes.
- Supportive wife.
- One of the better tweets I saw last night was, “I wish 1983 Jerry Falwell was around to see this halftime show.”
- Good for her. But, it doesn’t matter what she does, someone is going to rip her.
And here's your Super Bowl highlight pic.twitter.com/vMJPOIlPOR
— BagOfNothing (@bagofnothing) February 12, 2024
- Mitt Romney extending grace to both of our elder presidential candidates, “I’ve worked with the president and I haven’t seen anything that’s abnormal before. It was like President Trump saying Niki Haley three times instead of Nancy Pelosi; sometimes you say the wrong word… He said Mexico instead of Egypt. Everybody knew what he was saying and that’s not an unusual thing.”
- And to think ESPN laid Merril Hoge off in 2017. If I owned an NFL franchise, I’d hire him as GM based on this one video alone.
impossible for one guy to be more right while another is more wrong in a single video
— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) April 15, 2023
- Today marks the anniversary of one of the darkest days of my life.