- Just a reminder: Letterman returns to the Ed Sullivan Theater tonight.
- For the first time in a very long time, like six or seven years, I felt chipper. I can’t explain why, but it was a great experience and I accomplished a lot during that time.
- I recently learned the origin or etymology of “OK.”
- On March 23, 1839, the initials “O.K.” are first published in The Boston Morning Post. Meant as an abbreviation for “oll korrect,” a popular slang misspelling of “all correct” at the time, OK steadily made its way into the everyday speech of Americans.
- I discovered that because I follow @ollkorrect0 on Twitter who explained her user name: “OK” stands for “oll korrect.” Editing notes are traditionally spelled wrong on purpose to make them stand out, so copy doesn’t go to print with them. I’m a nerdy writer and I like shit like that.
- From the BBC – Fewer cousins marrying in Bradford’s Pakistani community
- Mississippi man buried without his family’s knowledge had ID in his pocket, attorney says
- I had no idea that visiting fans at BYU football games get free ice cream after the first quarter.
It wasn’t a lie, BYU really gives free ice cream to the visiting fans after the first quarter. pic.twitter.com/Wu3QcdIiW1
— Tyler McComas (@Tyler_McComas) November 18, 2023
- Well, it’s about time Jerry lets Jimmy into the Ring of Honor. Now everyone is questioning if either of them has a health concern. Cowboys fans think it’s going to lift a Super Bowl curse. We shall see. The NFL on Fox crew and Jerry tried to surprise Jimmy, but I had a feeling he knew something was up. Here’s the entire segment if you missed it or wanted to see it.
Jimmy Johnson will finally be inducted into the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor.
— Landon Thomas (@sixfivelando) November 19, 2023
- If you haven’t heard of hip-drop tackles in football, you will because I’m confident the NFL and NCAA will ban it next year. A week ago, I couldn’t tell you anything about it or how to spot it. Heck, once you see it, it becomes easy to spot. When I first viewed it, I thought nothing of it. But after some research, I learned how dangerous it can be. It’s so dangerous, that rugby has ever outlawed it. It became a huge topic of discussion since Thursday’s Ravens game and the gruesome injury (video below) during the Florida State game on Saturday.It’s described as, “a tackle in which a defender encircles his opponent and then drops his weight down to bring him to the ground.”
I watched the art of covering the showcase glass with snow like therapy pic.twitter.com/hyVoTYJHTn
— Enez Özen | Enezator (@Enezator) November 19, 2023
Love that Dak is repping Dolly. pic.twitter.com/Q567sWXaVh
— Sam Gannon (@SamGannon87) November 19, 2023