- Circa 1985. I was about ten years old and my brother was a varsity football player. For a fundraiser, the football team dressed up as a female drill/cheer team. A lot of them looked like Madea. As a kid, I thought it was hilarious, but was worried that one day I might have to dress like a girl. It happened, though in theater arts class. For a grade, I had to dress and lip-synch to Liza Minnelli’s New York, New York. There’s a videotape of it out there somewhere. The way things are going in conservative Texas makes me wonder if stuff like that will no longer happen in Texas schools.
- In the sixth grade, there was a moment I was asked to dress like a girl for an Odyssey of the Mind event. I didn’t know how to say no because all the cute girls in my group thought it was a great idea. One of the many things I feared at the time was being called the three-lettered f-word that rhymes with “bag.” It took confiding in my dad and him talking to the team sponsor for me to get out of that peer-pressured moment.
- My kids attend a charter school. I have mixed feelings about it, not enough that I want them to continue their education elsewhere. Like most schools, I get text alerts sent to me. What I didn’t like was them giving one to a charter school PAC to keep me up to date on political stuff.
- A friend could sense I was feeling down the other day and sent this kind text:
Love many Trust few And Paddle your own canoe
- Self-help tip of the day – Get grounded with a quick breathing exercise. Turn your right-hand palm up, then trace those fingers with your left pointer, starting at your right pinky. Breathe in as you trace upward and exhale as you trace down.
- I received the following email from Etsy. Why just discriminate against fathers? Why can’t I opt out of Mother’s Day emails? My mother is deceased and my ex doesn’t want me to get her anything because of the boundaries she’s drawn.
- Daylight come and we want go home
AI + AR and the future of cooking.
Now apply this to every specialty profession. pic.twitter.com/c9DdFophsQ
— AI Breakfast (@AiBreakfast) April 25, 2023
The Iconic Air France Concorde on display at Paris CDG Airport!
📹: aroundtheworldwitherin pic.twitter.com/3Ok3RzJ0Qd
— Aviation (@ilove_aviation) April 25, 2023