- BoyGeeding was talking to me the other day saying cash and gift cards are the worst present a kid can get for Christmas. I asked what would he rather get, $10 or underwear worth ten dollars for Christmas. He chose the underwear.
- I went to Grapevine Mills Mall yesterday and was surprised how certain stores controlled the amount of people inside. They literally had a line of people waiting to get inside, but were only let in, one at a time, once a person left the store. I’ve never seen anything like this before. How did this become a thing? Fire code, I guess. But the mall wasn’t as crowded as I’ve seen it during malls’ heyday.
- Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my neck or spinal surgery that saved me from paralysis. Below is a video I recorded of me a few days before surgery tying to walk unassisted and throw a football. I’m happy to report I’m almost entirely healed. Heck, I thought I made remarkable progress just nine days after surgery. Up unto last week, I was still experiencing symptoms. The most visible being the shaking of my hands and jaw as I tried to drink from a mug or bottle. I thought that was something I was just going to have to love with, but as of last week, that problem started to dissipate. I’m grateful for where I’ve come a year ago, both psychically and emotionally. I still have a ways to go on the latter, but overall, I’m progressing. For instance, I’m still very much hurt my ex, knowing I don’t have any family, wouldn’t lend any assistance when I asked her for a little help regarding my surgery. I thought just being the father of her children she would have respected me enough at such a vulnerable time in mine and their lives.
- I really like that new Tom Cruise commercial where he thanks for fans for watching Top Gun: Maverick. He amount of calm he has as he falls out backwards from a plane is simply amazing.
- Something many probably aren’t aware of is the recorded laughter played at the very start of every SNL cold open. It annoys me because it’s so unwarranted.
- The NFL provided two gems of a game on Saturday. We got to witness the largest comeback in history and a snow game, which came down to a last second field goal. As much as I enjoyed watching them, I wish I could have been with my son to bond over those historic moment. Divorce prevents such things and is evil.
- Meanwhile, college football provided us with something called the Jimmy Kimmel Bowl. I’m not kidding, there’s a bowl game named after the current talk show host. And yet, some people still argue the college game is better.
- Speaking of the absurdity of college football….
This is wild. 🤯 pic.twitter.com/MIFO8DEKl0
— FOX College Football (@CFBONFOX) December 17, 2022