- I tried a trial subscription with the Dallas Morning News. It was a good deal. I think it was like a buck for three months, but then it was $18.99 recurring subscription and the only option of cancelling was calling in. I want to support local media, but I don’t like the sales tactic. It wasn’t so much having to call in, but once I said I wanted to cancel, they knocked the price down to $14.99. When I politely declined, they offered $9.99 and allowed the option of sharing my account with my household. I’d rather they just offer me the best deal at the forefront and I’d be more inclined to by rather than think I might be the sucker who’s paying the highest subscription because I wasn’t smart enough to game the system.
- This story is behind a paywall, but there’s a lot to unpack here – A Dallas evangelist told his followers that an “anointed cake” baked by “hookers” turned a gay man straight. – The evangelist, Lance Wallnau, bills himself as a Christian consultant whose website says he helped get President Donald Trump elected with his book God’s Chaos Candidate.
- Stephen King Is Getting His Own ‘Treehouse Of Horror’ Special On ‘The Simpsons’
- This website will tell you how many people share your first and last name – HowManyOfMe.com. There’s only one Keith Geeding in the United States, and you’re reading his blog. But, I’m only one of 213 Geedings.
- I can’t identify any of the local musician St. Vincent’s songs, but I love her name for some reason. She was on Colbert recently and spoke about Dallas. Poor thing was put on the spot, and much like her, I wouldn’t have a lot to say about it as a tourist destination. But I hope she gets to sing the national anthem at a Cowboys game.
- There needs to be a story about this mental health coach.
Dak Prescott says being able to just focus on his footwork & not his ankle has been a blessing. He says the team’s mental health coach showed him a video of his presser and Zeke’s after the playoff loss. “Nasty feeling” that makes you want to go to work/not have it happen again
— Jane Slater (@SlaterNFL) July 28, 2022
- No one tell this sheep he’s not a dog, it would break his heart.