- My daughter was excited to tell me Taylor Swift graduated with a doctorate from NYU yesterday. I’m glad I looked it up. She received an honorary degree and spoke at commencement.
- I saw this commercial for the first time yesterday and enjoyed the trip down memory lane. I had to look up the actress Indigo Hubbard-Salk. When my daughter got her Air Force Ones three weeks ago, I talked to her about Jordan’s and we watched all the old Mars Blackmon commercials. – Nike Resurrects Spike Lee’s Mars Blackmon In 50th Anniversary Campaign
- McDonald’s has a sweet new treat for the summer – Beginning May 25 for a limited time, McDonald’s will start selling a Chocolatey Pretzel McFlurry that mixes vanilla soft serve ice cream with chocolate-covered pretzel bits, topped with a caramel swirl.
- Atlanta news – Police: Shooting at McDonald’s not related to Taco Bell shooting yards away
- Benjamin Franklin gave instructions on at-home abortions in a book in the 1700s
- A loyal reader was nice enough to send this article in response to something I wrote – “No problem” vs “you’re welcome”
- You almost never hear a Millennial say “you’re welcome.” At least not when someone thanks them. It just isn’t done. Not because Millennials are ingrates lacking all manners, but because the polite response is “No problem.” Millennials only use “you’re welcome” sarcastically when they haven’t been thanked or when something has been taken from/done to them without their consent. It’s a phrase that’s used to point out someone else’s rudeness. A Millennial would typically be fairly uncomfortable saying “you’re welcome” as an acknowledgement of genuine thanks because the phrase is only ever used disingenuously.
- Mission Accomplished – World’s biggest Freudian slip
Former President George W. Bush: “The decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq. I mean of Ukraine.” pic.twitter.com/UMwNMwMnmX
— Sahil Kapur (@sahilkapur) May 19, 2022