- Yesterday morning around 8:00 AM, I heard someone knocking at my door. To my surprise, it was my ex and our daughter. School has already started where my ex works and daughter attends. In short, my ex was having trouble convincing my daughter to go to school. A similar problem happened the previous week. I invited them inside and we all had a talk. At first, all together, then separately. I asked my ex what does she want or expect of me right now. She stated she wanted me to back her up when it comes to discipline and wondered if I ran into any behavioral problems when I have possession of the kids. For the most part, I don’t. There’s the occasional brother and sister squabble, and they get up and going immediately after I wake them. I followed up by stating I want to back her up and be on the same page parentally, but right now she’s taking me to court to change the divorce decree to limit the time I can speak with the children on my non-possession days, and I don’t know if her true intentions are in the best interest of our children. It’s awkward backing up the other parent when they are taking you to court and then walk into your house asking you to help to convince your daughter to go to school. When I mentioned she was the same woman who divorced me because she thought I was a danger to my own children, she explained that was over a year ago and she’s moved on.
- I wish she would agree to go to see a counselor together, not to reconcile, but to be better divorced parents. But, she won’t have anything of it.
- Update: Last night we found out, and I’m trying to put this as delicately as possible, but our daughter is being challenged with some negative thoughts which makes her question how valuable she is to the world. I know I’m not the only parent that has gone through this challenge, so those of you who have, you know what to pray for. Few things are worse than being legally and physically separated from a child that you just want to wrap up in your arms, kiss them on the forehead, and to remind them they are loved.
- My life is so different from it was a little over a year ago. I did not know it could change so quickly and drastically.
- University of Texas student wins final round of ‘Jeopardy!’ college championship, takes home $250K
- 8 Austin police officers charged after investigation into 2020 George Floyd protests are released on $1 bond, lawyers say
- How one Dallas store owner illegally blocked her employees’ calls
- Cellular signal jammers are illegal, but one Dallas store owner decided to use one anyway. Her apparent goal? To stop her employees from wasting time on their phones.
- Somebody really takes the time to scan a series of photos.
Putin convened an unscheduled meeting with his Security Council in Moscow on Monday. The meeting was broadcast at 5 pm. But what time was it really held? Let's look at some participants' watches. Sergei Shoigu & Sergei Lavrov prep at 11:45. #OSINT #UkraineRussia #Russia #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/YlnLodkjdq
— Forrest Rogers (@Forrest_Rogers) February 22, 2022