Bag of Randomness for Friday, November 8, 2019
- I get a kick out the name of Amy Schumer’s podcast – 3 Girls, 1 Keith
- I’ve noticed two “hot” trends for this upcoming holiday season, themed advent calendars (Harry Potter, Sephora makeup, Barbie, Tiffany & Co., adult themed, wine and beer, hot sauce, socks) and matching pajamas for the family.
- LiberallyLean.com posted a link to a long but entertaining Twitter thread about a lawyer lying to a federal judge about not being able to make it to court because of the death of his grandfather. As I scrolled through the thread I discovered Thread Reader which will transform Twitter threads to a single readable page. Here’s Thread Reader’s version of the above mentioned Twitter thread.
- Speaking of LiberallyLean, he seems to be more descriptive or garrulous as of late. So much so, I think he should consider changing the name of his blog to LiberallyLoquacious.
- First, their home team loses the World Series and now this – State announces plans to take over Houston ISD after investigation reveals ‘serious or persistent deficiencies’
- CNN – Midland, Texas: America’s ultimate boomtown
- Legal/medical technicality? – Man serving life sentence says it ended once he died, was revived in medical emergency
- LA Times – Here’s How Much Money Celebrities Have Donated To 2020 Presidential Candidates
- Steak crust experiment (YouTube) – We found the best methods on searing steaks and put them to the test to find out which way is best to sear the steak and get an amazing steak crust. Today’s contestants are Molasses, Mayo, Syrup, and Butter.
- Most impressive Darth Vader cosplay
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink