Bag of Randomness for Monday, September 24, 2018
- How long has it been in between Tiger’s PGA tour wins? For one, LeBron returned to Cleveland and left again. If you are a fan of Tiger and Jesus you might appreciate this blog post – Tiger Won And I Cried
- That Ted Cruz and Beto O’Rourke debate was more competitive than I expected. I may despise Cruz, but he’s smart and skilled. He’s argued before the U.S. Supreme Court and has all that experience debating during the last presidential election, I thought he was going to mop the floor with Beto.
- Halloween is coming up. I’m certain the most popular costume, at least for adults, will be Toad from Mario Kart. And if I happen to see any kids come to my door dressed like him, I’m just going to assume his or her parents don’t keep up with the news.
- I wonder how common it is for a former governor to leave his or state, other than to work in Washington. Offhand, Mitt Romney comes to mind. It looks like they will end up in New Mexico or Arizona.
- Sarah Palin plans to leave Alaska
- “We were anchored here for the kids. Now our youngest daughter is going to be out of school — she’s going to go to nursing school — she’ll be taken care of,” Palin said in an interview with the Daily Mail published on Wednesday. “And we’re ready to do a lot more.” “We’re not going to be holed up in Wasilla, Alaska, the rest of our life,” the 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate continued.
- I think the president has a new limo. I suppose it’s time for a new one, that one has been around since Obama’s first inauguration.
- If you had to guess what U.S. president presented the Pope with a bust of himself, many of you would have probably guessed it was Donald Trump. But it was actually LBJ who gave a bust of LBJ to the Pope.
- Popular Mechanics – When the Singer Sewing Machine Company Built the Best .45 Pistol Ever Made – The gun was so good, the military asked the company to build something else.
- GIF – The BYU mascot lost its head during a stunt and there was a lot of effort trying to remedy the situation.
- Stanford beat Oregon in overtime on Saturday. Nike co-founder Phil Knight attended both schools and has given them lots of money.
- Nike co-founder has given $797 million to Oregon, where he ran track & got his undergraduate degree. He has given $505 million to Stanford, where he went to business school.
- College-bound high school football player ruled ineligible because he’s homeless
- Guillermo del Toro Prefers ‘Better Call Saul’ to ‘Breaking Bad’: ‘The Moral Downfall Strikes Me as Deeper’
- A small reflection in the middle of BETTER CALL SAUL’s new seasson: I like it even more than BB, not to be a contrarian but because the evident stakes seem smaller but the moral downfall strike me as deeper, more poignant…
- With Walter White (who turns Black) you were tracking a massive downfall/transformation. BCS takes you by the hand as Jimmy becomes Saul Goodman (No Good in him) in small painful tumbles.
- Mosquitoes force suspect to surrender in Wisconsin
- Hardin-Simmons president outlines staff reductions via email to alums
- Hey Andy, congratulations on completing that Olympic distance triathlon.
- Head, move! – Reading this article was the most enjoyable thing I did all weekend
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink