Bag of Randomness for Thursday, March 29, 2018
- Many people know that William Howard Taft as a one-term president and Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. But here’s an interesting fact, during his one term, he appointed six justices to the Supreme Court. Taft also started the sports tradition of being the first president to throw out the baseball at a season opener (Washington Senators and the Philadelphia Athletics in 1910). Taft was also the first president to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery, and his wife, Helen Herron Taft, was the first first lady interred in the cemetery.
- Male or female, I always critique the wardrobe, makeup, and hair of news reporters and anchors.
- I’m no expert when it comes to North Korea, but I have a theory on why their leader visited China. China is the only country which buys North Korean exports and their only ally. The Chinese president, Xi Jinping, whose government removed term limits for, basically forced or demanded Kim Jong Un for a come to Jesus meeting. China’s patience with North Korea is growing thin. China really gets nothing out of their relationship, and as unpredictable as Trump can be, China wants to make sure Un stays behaved.
- I made a post yesterday about Frank S. Page, president and chief executive officer of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) Executive Committee, resigning due to a ‘morally inappropriate’ relationship. He received the Master of Divinity degree and earned his Ph.D. in Christian ethics from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth. To my surprise, there has been very little coverage about this in the news.
- John Krasinski thinks The Office should come back for a Christmas special
- Flordia news – Jury botches form, clerk mistakenly announces death sentence
- North Carolina ends shackling of inmates during childbirth – A new policy will remove wrist restraints once an inmate is in labor and the use of leg or waist restraints will now also be prevented
- BBC – A man in the UK has caught the world’s “worst-ever” case of super-gonorrhoea
- I really enjoyed the season premiere of ‘The Americans’ last night. WifeGeeding likes to refer to the show as ‘The Russians’.
- The Yankees serve beer with players’ faces designed in the beer foam.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink