- Flag football season is officially over. It was about what I thought it would be. There would be some highs, some lows, unexpected things that would make me smile, and unexpected things that would make me internally cuss.
- I coached for two reasons, maybe three. First of all, there was a need and I had an opportunity to fill it, so I thought it would be nice to step up for a change. I also had a chance to bond with my son and hopefully make some memories for him. And finally, I know working with kids and being social is a major weakness of mine and I thought this would be a great opportunity to work on them.
- I’d like to thank the makers of Gabapentin, a non-opioid pain medication which helped mask my back pain enough so I could feel almost normal for a few hours each Saturday morning. #NonPaidAdIPromise
- A neighbor, one street over, called the police because I man was walking down the ally barefoot and drinking tequila early Sunday morning.
- I didn’t hear anything reported about the Cowboys having a moment of silence for the victims of the Sutherland Springs church shooting that happened earlier in the day. I guess they didn’t and perhaps it was too soon and news was still developing. I only mention it because the Spurs had a moment of silence.
- Never did I think the CBS broadcast of the Cowboys game would spend the amount of time that they did talking about Miles Austin.
- The NFL on CBS crew still goes to Hard 8 BBQ when they are in town, I was hoping Romo would break the curse of showing mediocre BBQ of DFW. Per a good friend, “I guess it was Nantz that loves Hard 8. I was wrong to blame Simms. Romo should know better.” The thing is, Nantz lives in Houston, he should know decent BBQ.
- Tony Romo’s son really takes after his father.
- The Most Riveting Host in Late Night (and the Most Overlooked)
- Some Hawaiians have a good sense of political humor – Donald Trump mocked by Hawaiians holding ‘welcome to Kenya’ signs
- Anytime I hear the word “fern” it makes me sad because I think of the ending of the book Where The Red Fern Grows. I think that was the first book I read that didn’t really end in a happy ending.
- The Penn State head coach ran after one of his players and forced him to go back and shake hands with the other team.
- Khloé Kardashian Brought a Lighting Crew to the DMV for Her Driver’s License Photo
- Daylight saving time has Google confused – Don’t set a timer during the 12:00 AM – 2:00 PM period
- @AJWTheology – Kudos to @TheEconomist for this superb infographic on denominational Christianity
- Surrogate mom delivers two babies, one her own
- A month later, there was some shocking news. A DNA test confirmed that the second baby was not a twin to the implanted embryo — but actually Allen and her husband’s biological son.
After confusion and some difficulty in getting her baby returned to her, Allen and Jasper were reunited with their son in February. Allen told ABC News that her son, renamed Malachi and now 10 months old, is part of their family.
- Nurse delivers own baby in car outside of her hospital
- Origins of “Dilly Dilly” – According to dictionary.com, the origins of “dilly” are in a shortening of the word “delightful” or “delicious,” probably from the 1930s. On its own, it has come to mean “something or someone regarded as remarkable or unusual.”
- The Dodgers took out a full-page ad in the Houston Chronicle to congratulate the Houston Astros.
- A funny and somewhat heartwarming event at the Astros victory parade.
Watching people return this dropped hat at the parade today was unreasonably thrilling pic.twitter.com/1ghfUJsItw
— Josh Pherigo (@JoshPherigo) November 3, 2017