Bag of Randomness
- Just so you know, Smokey and the Bandit is now on Blu-ray.
- I keep getting notices from my alma mater saying my alumni verification contact information is past due. Heck, I think I’m on my fourth notice, I wish the would just get the hint that I don’t want to be contacted.
- I remember a few months after college graduation getting something in the mail asking me to donate money to the university, this despite of almost five years of paying tuition and other fees and being well over $30k in student loan debt. When it comes to donating to things, college is towards the very bottom of the list.
- Why was I in college for almost five years instead of four? Two main reasons . . . unlike most school districts at the time, courses at Mineral Wells High School didn’t carry college credit (and it was shocking to me how many high schools actually carry college credit) and financial aid only allowed me to take so many hours at a time.
- I’m not a fan of the Tootsie Roll.
- Remember that old lady that got bullied on the school bus and the Internet set up a fund to send her on a vacation? Well, she got more than she needed to go on a vacation, so she did really the only right thing to do with that money, she opened a banana stand. I’m kidding, she started a anti-bullying foundation and teamed up with Miss Teen USA who adopted anti-bullying as her platform.
- In a recent interview, Romney has stated one reason why he hasn’t provided more than two years of tax records is because he wants to keep his donations to the Mormon church private.
- Because there was lack of involvement and interest, Pastor Rick Warren is cancelling his presidential forum.
- I caught an old episode of Get Smart last night. Man, I use to watch that show all the time when I was a kid, I remember it came on every workday at 12:30 PM. I was curious as to the car Maxwell Smart drove and what building he runs into at the beginning of each episode, turns out there’s a website that list each car and building for each season.
- Microsoft’s new logo, the first redesign in 25 years so they say.
- “Rock Center” on NBC had a special on Mormonism last night. I never thought about it before, but all that door-to-door knocking and rejecting can set one up to be successful in business by understanding relationships and how keep trucking on despite getting doors shut in your face.
- I didn’t realize Mormons pay for their missions for themselves. That’s impressive and I’d say virtuous.
- I bet conservative will chastise Brian Williams and NBC News for doing such a special and claim it’s another attempt at the liberal media bringing down a conservative.
- Out of all news networks, I wouldn’t have thought Fox News would be the one that released the name of the Navy SEAL that wrote about the Bin Laden raid. I can’t put my finger on it, but it feels wrong for someone from that operation to write a book and profit from that mission while other members of that mission are left out of the financial gain and continue to serve.
- U.S. OLYMPIC RUNNER Runs 5-Minute Mile … While Chugging Beers
- A Batman knife for about $9
- I bet this college football season we’ll hear a lot of college bands play “Call Me Maybe”.
- Why Aren’t There B Batteries?
- For 12 years Rickey Callahan announced football games for Florida high school but got fired after the principal found he rooted for a different team.
- A handful of floor plans of living quarters of your favorite shows.
- Milk facts
- Possibly the largest player in the history of football at any level.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink