Bag of Randomness
- I’m surprised at how many people are not familiar with burial at sea. A lot of folks I’ve spoken to have a concern that a body would just float around. Normally the body is put in a container like a casket (or wrapped in some kind of sailcloth) with holes drilled in the bottom and weighed down. I’m betting Osama was put in a box and wasn’t just wrapped in a cloth.
- Of all the campus celebrations held after the death of bin Laden was announced, it was the West Point celebration that intrigued me the most. I wonder if they were required to watch the president’s speech because I’m thinking the speech was held after curfew. I also wonder if rules were slightly lifted that evening to allow for the celebration.
- I admit, all that celebrating felt a bit weird to me. I think we all want something to celebrate, like a whole “Japan Surrenders” celebration in Times Square, but it’s a different war and a different enemy.
- Man, I’m a bit surprised at all the criticism at Obama’s speech, in particular that he’s taking too much credit for the accomplishment of the mission. I don’t think I have a problem with how it was worded or if a Republican president gave the speech. I like the idea that my president takes ownership and responsibilities for his or her actions, and that he or she is in charge. I cut and pasted the speech in Word and did a word count for the number of times “we” and “I” were used and their variations. In a real quick and unscientific manner I counted “we” 40 times and “I” ten times. Above is a word cloud of the entire speech (click to enlarge). But I guess I’d much rather people complain about things of this nature than his birth or his grades in college.
- But you know, I’m thankful to be in such a country where we are free to express our opinions.
- I made a comment last week how I was surprised that I couldn’t find a parody video regarding Obama’s long form birth certificate and Hulk Hogan’s intro song “I’m a Real American.” It turns out the president used the song as his own introduction at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. I think it’s obvious that Obama reads BagOfNothing.com on a daily basis.
- I’ve never watched the ABC show “Castle” but I think it would be something I would enjoy. Heck, that lead actress gets my attention every time.
- Fans of AMC’s “The Walking Dead” will get a kick out of this picture.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink