Bag of Randomness
- On Friday I got a very special package in the mail from my second cousin, who is pretty close to my age. While planning a move and packing he ran across a Bible that belong to my grandfather. For my longtime readers, you know that my dad had me late in life, so imagine this surprise. I can’t find a copyright on the Bible, but someone transcribed a message to my grandfather saying that the Bible is presented to him for having perfect attendance in 1905. That’s right, 1905! My cousin was nice enough to send me a family heirloom that was over 100 years old. On the back of it it had transcribed the names of my grandparents, their two children, and all of their date of births.
- There’s also some interesting ‘old’ material placed int he Bible that I need to scan to show you how times have changed.
- I started to think about the journey this Bible had to take to reach my hands. It was given to my grandfather while he lived in Cincinnati. He eventually moved to Texas with his wife where he died. My grandmother had the Bible who then moved and died in California. It was then passed down to my aunt and then down to her son, one of my first cousins. After he died, my second cousin had the Bible in Las Vegas who was nice enough to mail it to me in Texas.
- Yesterday a little after 4:00 PM, BabyGeeding’s godmother called and asked if we would like a full bred Havanese. WifeGeeding and I have been somewhat looking for another rescue dog as of late, but haven’t really found anything that we really connected with. So we discussed this one over, and long story short, we decided to have a spontaneous adventure and drive to Abilene and back last night. That’s right, there is now a DogGeedingII, and it appears that OtherDogGeeding is welcoming a new brother.
- On the trip back home, I did think about DogGeeding quite a bit and was wondering if I was kind of backstabbing him in a weird sort of way.
- On the way to Abilene I got to see a beautiful West Texas sunset that I use to take for granted.
- Even though it was a very quick trip, WifeGeeding and I made sure to stop by and eat at my favorite BBQ joint. BabyGeeding’s godmother was nice enough to pay for dinner, and funny enough I actually ran into the last girl I took out on a formal date. The date was a Queen of Hearts formal.
- OK, I’m tired. That roadtrip wore me out. I’m not as young as I use to be, but it was fun doing something like that in the spurt of a moment.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink