Southwest Airlines is so lucky to have the leadership and culture that they do. Yesterday their chairman/CEO/president held a Q&A session with their employees regarding the buyout of AirTran with the event streamed to the whole building. Just to make sure everyone could ask a questions, they could even have emailed or texted a question. There was a huge emphasis on retaining the culture, and I can tell you this, most businesses wouldn’t do much to reach out to answer their employees’ questions about such a business deal.
- A formal announcement about my departure from Southwest was made yesterday, it seemed to be quite a surprise for those that did not know.
- My cake turned out fine, but was a little dry me thinks.
- I saw that the Mavericks have a special where you can trade in an old jersey to get 15% off a new jersey with the old jersey going to charity. Sounds like a win/win.
- Let me get this right, Major League Baseball plans on having playoff games during the afternoon of a workday. Yup, they need to get with the times.
- I saw a segment on ABC News in which a church loans medical supplies for free, stuff like crutches, wheelchairs, and all sorts of other stuff that is needed for a temporary basis. Talk about a fantastic idea for a ministry.
- I didn’t watch a lot of last night’s NFL game, but my goodness that stadium in Miami looked empty.
- No matter how mean you are to me, I doubt I would do anything like this – Woman Travels 200+ Miles to Kill Internet Commenter
- Jim Tressel of The Ohio State University is the only major-college football coach to teach a class in-season.
- Patraick Schwarzenegger, son of Arnold
- SMH – Arizona Diamonds largest group to tour Creation Museum
A city made out of staples is actually impressive
- Teenager forced to drink her brain fluid daily to relieve migraine pain
- The New Face of American Evangelicalism – ABC News Video
Looking For Something?
Recently Came From