Wash. man electrocuted by urinating on power line

MONTESANO, Wash. (AP) – Authorities believe a Washington man was killed by accidentally urinating on a downed power line after a car crash.

Grays Harbor County sheriff’s Deputy Dave Pimentel (PIM’-en-tel) said Monday 50-year-old Roy Messenger was not seriously hurt after he collided with a power pole Friday and called a relative to pull his car from a ditch.

However, family members found Messenger electrocuted when they arrived.

Pimentel says Messenger apparently urinated into a roadside ditch but didn’t see the live wire. The urine stream likely served as a conductor, allowing the electricity to reach his body.

Pimentel says there will be an autopsy but burn marks indicated the way the electricity traveled through Messenger’s body.


I remember watching an episode of Mythbusters were they disproved this, but then again, they were working with a much lower dose of electricity.

This entry was posted in Goofy. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Wash. man electrocuted by urinating on power line

  1. Eileen says:

    First, it sounds like he accidentally urinated, as in, did not do it on purpose lol

    Second, I can not tell you how many times I have gotten shocked when I touch water during the winter months when static electricity constantly ruins my life.

Comments are closed.