Imagine finding a “secret room” in your house.
Jason and Kerri Brown of Greenville found a secret room in their home behind a bookcase, and what was inside was a nightmare beyond their wildest dreams.
“This can’t be happening. This can’t be true. It terrified me,” Kerri Brown told News 4’s Tim Waller.
The secret room in the old mill home on Whitten Street in Greenville’s Dunean section contained a handwritten letter from the previous owner titled, “You Found It!”
“Hello. If you’re reading this, then you found the secret room. I owned this house for a short while and it was discovered to have a serious mold problem. One that actually made my children very sick to the point that we had to move out,” Kerri Brown read from the letter.
According to the note, there was so much mold, it made the last family who lived there sick, and they were forced to move out.
The Browns later learned the home contained the worst types of mold including Stachybotrys, the so-called Toxic Black Mold.