1.Â When you take a long time, you’re slow.
When your boss takes a long time, he’s thorough.
2. Â When you don’t do it, you’re lazy.
When your boss doesn’t do it, he’s too busy.
3. Â When you make a mistake, you’re an idiot.
When your boss makes a mistake, he’s only human.
4. Â When doing something without being told, you’re overstepping your authority.
When your boss does the same thing, that’s initiative.
5. Â When you take a stand, you’re being pig-headed.
When your boss does it, he’s being firm.
6. Â When you overlooked a rule of ettiquette, you’re being rude.
When your boss skips a few rules, he’s being original.
7. Â When you please your boss, you’re arse-creeping.
When your boss pleases his boss, he’s being co-operative.
8. Â When you’re out of the office, you’re wandering around.
When your boss is out of the office, he’s on business.
9. Â When you’re on a day off sick, you’re always sick.
When your boss has a day off sick, he must be very ill.
10. Â When you apply for leave, you must be going for an interview.
When your boss applies for leave, it’s because he’s overworked.