I’ve been getting some emails lately, so I thought I would answer them publicly. If this continues, I’ll try to answer them once a month or so.
– I enjoy all the links you provide, but I miss the personal stuff like you use to post on LiveJournal.
– There are days when you post a lot of cool stuff, and days you only post once are twice and it is personal stuff. I thought you wanted to make a website in which those of us stuck in corporate hell could waste some time?
OK, both of you have a point. My original intent was to move away from posting the personal stuff because I thought my writing sucked and no one really cared. Oddly enough, it sounds like some folks out there really want to know what is going on in my head and my life.
When I first started this site, I did post a lot of links to help us corporate folk kill some time. But then Katrina hit New Orleans, and it just didn’t feel right to post a bunch of weird links.
I’ll once again start to post all the weird/fun/interesting/time-wasting links, and try to include some more about what is going on in my life and my head.
– Do you get paid to write restaurant reviews? Do the restaurants know you are coming before hand?
Nope, I don’t get paid to write a restaurant review. I started writing a restaurant review on my old blog as a gimmick, and then I actually started to enjoy writing them. Most of the time restaurant staff don’t notice me taking notes, but sometimes they do and I let them know what I’m doing.
– I checked out your photos on Flickr, you should add more photos. What kind of dogs do you have?
The bigger dog is named Tuna, after Bill Parcells, head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. We got him from the Humane Society about a year ago, and we think he is about five years old. You can tell he had a tough life, as a BB is still stuck in one of his legs and he is very protective of wifeGeeding. We know he is part llasa apso, and have no idea what else. The smaller dog is shitzu named Oreo, also a rescue dog. He’s got some permanent eye damage and also had a rough life, even for a one year old. Here is more on Oreo http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4633472-1-x.jpg
– Have you considered an RSS feed?
Yes I have, and I will actually add one. I’ve just been lazy.
– Any idea how many people check out your site?
The most visitors I have had in one day is 137, well, at least 137 different computers have requested the URL. On a typical work day, I usually average something between 75 – 100 differnt visitors. Hopefully I can get more visitors. If you happen to find something on the website you would like to share with others, please do so. The more the merrier.