- It amazes me how quickly fans can buy championship gear. I want to say that within an hour of the Rangers win, Academy already had their doors open with freshly printed World Series Champion t-shirts. Back in the day, especially when you lived in a small town, it was a big deal if you got a championship t-shirt within a week. I’m reminded at the thoughtfulness of my father the last time the Cowboys won the Super Bowl and I was a college student in Abilene. I’m not sure how he did it, but he drove to Fort Worth the following day and then mailed me a Super Bowl XXX champion hat and shirt. I was the first person on campus to have such memorabilia. Now, I see just how fleeting such things are and wouldn’t waste the time standing in line. But if it was for one of my kids, well, that’s a different story.
- I used to follow @SadRangersHistory on Twitter. As you would guess, it would post sad moments in Texas Rangers history. But, now that the club has a World Series under its belt, the profile is no more.
- NASA astronaut Ken Mattingly, scrubbed from Apollo 13, dies at 87
- Six Flags will merge with the owner of Knott’s Berry Farm, Cedar Fair. The ticker symbol for Cedar Fair is FUN.
- 10 Harsh Realities Of Rewatching Mad Men, 16 Years Later
- Texas tried to fix its teacher shortage by lowering requirements − the result was more new teachers, but at lower salaries
"As the Metroplex continues to grow the constraints at Love Field become more and more of an issue."@SouthwestAir has talked to @DFWAirport about a "modest presence there" from 2025, CEO Bob Jordan says at the @skift Aviation Forum. #skiftlive
— Edward Russell (@ByERussell) November 1, 2023