- It was fun opening up the comments on my birthday. There were some unique user names I hadn’t thought about in a long while that brought an immediate smile to my face. I’m talking about you Bizarro Big Tex and Ricardo Perry.
- Many warm things were written, and I’m grateful for them all, but this one really touched me: “I root for you every day.” I’ve always wanted to be rooted for. I never really felt it from my ex. She was rooting for me, but it felt more like she was fulfilling a role other than rooting for me personally.
- I feel my back is healing moderately well. But, I’m on the fourth day of a severely pulled left hamstring. It’s the same leg I had problems with that resulted in my most recent back surgery. I don’t think the pulled hamstring and back surgery recovery are related.
- Most of you know I’m a big fan of late-night talk shows. Of course, the writer’s strike has hampered my enjoyment. But here’s something kinda neat, five of the late-night hosts have teamed up to do a podcast.
- Episode one of “Strike Force Five” hosted by Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers and John Oliver is here. All proceeds go to support their out of work staffs during the strike.
- It’s funny how I can root for TCU in the last game of the previous season and then root against them in their first game of the new season. It’s mainly because they have a Briles on the coaching staff.
- One thing that is going under reported regarding Deion Sanders change your Colorado is his assistant coaches. For instance, former Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator and former head coach of the Minnesota Vikings. Mike Zimmer is part of the staff. His offensive coordinator was formerly a college football head coach. Coach Prime is doing a good job of controlling the media’s attention.
- I may have not been a Parrothead or attended a single Jimmy Buffett concert, but I did enjoy his laid-back music. Heck, some of his music has helped me post-divorce. I thought it ironic that he once got called for a technical foul at a Miami Heat game. Things about him I didn’t know until his death over the holiday weekend:
- Less: “Everything happens for a reason.”More: “The cruelty you endured will never make sense because it was senseless.”
You’re not obligated to find a positive twist or make it make sense. There is peace in calling it what it is.
Ok the guy who committed fan interference on Sunday Night Baseball is actually kinda awesome pic.twitter.com/RPJifC4UjI
— Jomboy Media (@JomboyMedia) September 4, 2023
- Something I’ll surely visit in December when I’m in Vegas for their concert.
— U2Songs.com (@u2songs) August 30, 2023