- I use Golden Audio Books to listen to free versions of somewhat current books from time to time. Over the weekend, I listened to Don Miguel Ruiz’s The Four Agreements, the book Tom Brady said changed his life. I really liked it and listened to several sections twice, now I’m trying to remind myself of those four agreements throughout the day. Just listing the agreements here won’t do much for you, you have to understand the context and meaning behind them, but they are:
- Be impeccable with your word
- Don’t take anything personally
- Don’t make assumptions
- Always do your best
- I saw several articles applauding Tom Brady for making a Mother’s Day post on his Instagram expressing gratitude and praising the mothers of his children. That got me thinking about how much I would like to praise and express gratitude to the mother of my children. But, the mother of my children kept our children from engaging in any communication with their father for four nights, only allowed me a monitored five-minute phone call with our son on his ninth birthday, refused any request for overnight stays or extra time with our children during divorce proceedings, and made me beg to spend any time with our children on Father’s Day because she wanted to spend it at her parents. Until some of those things are discussed in person and explained to me how that was in our children’s best interest, I’m afraid our co-parenting relationship will suffer. Because of her actions, any simple request doesn’t come across as simple. With that said, I’d like the opportunity to sincerely apologize to her for my shortcomings and listen to anything she would want to say. Now it’s time for me to take another look at those four agreements. Her refusal to have a conversation caused me to make a lot of assumptions and take things personally.
- Texas Monthly – Galveston Is a Tourist Hot Spot Once Again – Its fortunes ebb and flow, but the historic island is experiencing a renaissance, with new hotels and renovations and a shiny new cruise terminal.
- Churches’ role in Abilene election prompts calls for investigations – West Texas voters rejected three conservative Christian candidates who sought to infuse religious values into local politics. The campaign support the candidates received from local churches has prompted calls for state and federal probes.
- After school shooting, Tennessee governor signs bill to shield gun firms further against lawsuits – Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee has signed off on additional protections for gun and ammunition dealers, manufacturers and sellers against lawsuits within a bill that lawmakers passed after a deadly school shooting
Wall art pic.twitter.com/DIsFuf451R
— The Best (@Figensport) May 15, 2023