Chris Rock made a joke about Jada Pinkett-Smith being in "G.I. Jane" because of her bald head. She's spoken openly about having a hair loss condition. Will Smith ran on stage, slapped Rock, then screamed twice at the top of his lungs "KEEP MY WIFE'S NAME OUT OF YOUR F-NG MOUTH."
— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) March 28, 2022
— This Is What’s Trending Now (@TrendingThisIs) March 28, 2022
- Make fun of Liza Minnelli all you want, but Lady Gaga is grace under pressure when she’s in the spotlight.
- Both dates went well. There will be seconds with each. It’s all part of a process of rediscovering and not trying to get ahead or be too hard on myself. Perhaps it’s not a welcome process or one I’m embracing, but it’s one I must go through to make the most out of life instead of allowing life to make the most out of me. Easier said than done.
- One date was playfully romantic. I arrived early and waited for her arrival as she arrived late because of traffic. When she got there, she wanted me to spot her, so she kept texting me directions for areas to look at until I found her. She was in a good a spot. While I was on the ground floor of a courtyard, she was on the fourth floor of a parking garage staring at me. When we met, I told her she was my Lee Harvey, and I was her JFK.
- Sometimes you have to turn down a moment of pleasure for a lifetime of happiness.
- I just wasn’t into the Oscars this year. I wondering if it’s a sign of the product, aging, or how I used to really enjoy watching it with my ex.
- I don’t know what I enjoyed or was touched by more, the announcement of CODA‘s Troy Kotsur winning the Oscar, the crowd using sign-language to clap, or his acceptance speech.
- Yes, I have a problem using split infinitives. Why stop now?
- Yesterday’s Wordle answer was NYMPH. Considering how most user’s first guess use a combination of vowels and common letters, I bet yesterday set a record for the number of times users didn’t guess a single letter in their first guess. I’m in the camp how don’t look favorable to people who use ADIEU. Besides, letter position is more important than knowing which vowels are in the word.
- While I’m thankful Ukraine is still holding strong, I’m sure I’m not the only one who expected this thing to be over weeks ago.
- I forgot retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor was born a Texan (El Paso). She turned 92 over the weekend, and I bet many of you were surprised to know she’s still alive.
- Speaking of still alive, Alan Greenspan (husband of NBC News’ Andrea Mitchell) is 96 – Is a recession coming? Alan Greenspan says the answer is in men’s underwear
- “He once told me that … the garment that is most private is male underpants, because nobody sees it except people in the locker room, and who cares?” longtime NPR correspondent Robert Krulwich said of Greenspan years ago. Those sales are usually stable, “so on those few occasions where it dips, that means that men are so pinched that they are deciding not to replace underpants.”The men’s underwear index (yes, it exists) backs up Greenspan’s theory: US sales of men’s underwear fell significantly from 2007 to 2009, during the Great Recession, but gained steam again in 2010 as the economy recovered.
- A civil suit reveals new details in the case of a Philly woman whose death by 20 stab wounds was ruled suicide