- We ate at Panda Express recently, I got a kick out of the fortune in my fortune cookie.
- DaughterGeeding is a happy little camper, she had her braces removed yesterday. Our orthodontist gives patients a treat bag of items they couldn’t eat when they were wearing braces. The only item missing in the bag were Tootsie Rolls, so we stopped at the grocery store to pick a small package of them up. Personally, I’ve never liked them, always thought of them of fake or substitute chocolate. Our local grocery store just happened to have the Planters NUTmobile parked in front of it. I’ll be honest, I didn’t know it was a thing, I guess they are trying to be like the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile.
- I watched the Kennedy Center Honors on Sunday and during the Linda Ronstadt honor, Aaron Neville and Trisha Yearwood sang “Don’t Know Much“. I forgot how much I liked that song, which led me to do a little research and got me trapped in an Internet wormhole. To my surprise, that song was recorded at Skywalker Ranch. One of the authors of the song is Barry Mann. Other than writing the songs for songs for National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Mann also helped write “Somewhere Out There” for An American Tail and “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin”.
- I recently read that the star on the California flag was there to honor Texas but didn’t believe it. However, this is what I found on the state of California’s official website:
- Dolly Parton statue may replace KKK leader memorial at Tennessee Capitol
- I never heard of this prank until yesterday, but that’s some high comedy.
Joe Carter pranking Derek Bell by driving his car onto the field mid-game while the PA announcer reads off a "winning" raffle ticket number might be the best prank in sports history. pic.twitter.com/XT5EBb3t3p
— Tim Reilly (@LifeOfTimReilly) December 16, 2019