Bag of Randomness for Tuesday, March 5, 2019
- WifeGeeding and I got into an entertaining conversation while watching people serve themselves a cup of coffee. We focused on those who used cream, both the powdered and liquid variety (like half-and-half). Some people poured the creamer in their cup first and then the coffee, others the opposite. Sometimes we tried to predict what the next person would choose – black, powdered, liquid – creamer first or coffee first? Then our conversation delved into if there is any etiquette involved or if there is a proper cooking or scientific better way to do it. For instance, by pouring the powder first, does that prevent maximum mixage or increase the chance of clumpage.
- The Texas A&M student newspaper chose to take a hard look at the school’s history of blackface and other racist displays in their yearbooks.
- I never heard of the burger chain P. Terry’s, but Texas Monthly thinks a recent change of leadership could lead it to become as big as Whataburger.
- Presidential trivia – In 1841, three men served as U.S. president – Van Buren, Harrison, and Tyler. It happened again in 1881 – Hayes, Garfield, and Arthur. If you’d like some details, here you go.
- One of our neighbors was looking to get rid of their portable basketball goal and offered to another neighbor who has a young daughter playing basketball for her school. The goal was refused because the parents of the girl won’t let her play basketball outside because they fear it will hurt her shooting ability because shooting baskets outside will throw off her indoor basketball perception or peripheral vision.
- We took BoyGeeding to our pediatrician for his annual wellness test. He said his daughter will be attending Penn State in the fall. Here’s something I had no idea about, the school has underground tunnels between certain buildings so the students don’t have to walk in the elements when the weather is bad.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink