Bag of Randomness for Thursday, February 21, 2019
- ”Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone)” was already a damn good song, but the surprise Bryan Adams backup vocals puts it over the top. Heck, Bryan Adams isn’t even in the official music video.
- Was Burgess Meredith better as The Penguin in the ‘Batman’ television series or as Mick in the Rocky series?
- Anytime Minneapolis is referenced I immediately think of it being shouted in Janet Jackson’s “Escapade”.
- Chris Hemsworth to Play Hulk Hogan in Biopic for Netflix
- Wisconsin high school under scrutiny after cheerleaders given ‘Big Boobie’ and ‘Big Booty’ awards
- ESPN.com – The Year of Bo – Thirty years ago a run of events happened that would turn Bo Jackson from a brilliant enigma into an international icon. Jackson was known before 1989, but in 12 months, everything changed.
- A Software Update Is Breaking Nike’s Expensive, Auto-Lacing Sneakers
- Amazon’s $0 corporate income tax bill last year, explained
- And I said, “What about Breakfast at Tiffany’s?”
She said, “I think I remember that film
And as I recall, I think we both kinda liked it.”
And I said, “Well, that’s one thing we’ve got.”
- The one dollar bet between Harry Truman and Humphrey Bogart
- Truman, by then the president and running for re-election, was joined by Bacall, Bogart and actor Ronald Reagan – still a Democrat at the time – at a rally at Gilmore Stadium in Los Angeles. At some point, the president and Bogart made a bet over what the gender of Bogart and Bacall’s first child would be. “Truman bet that it would be a boy and it was, so Bogart sent him the check,” Sowell said. The correspondence is, to this day, kept on file at the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum. Writing to the president, with the check enclosed, Bogart made an ask: “Would appreciate it if you endorse it and cash it so I may frame it for my son who will undoubtedly run for President on the Democratic ticket in 1999 unless you still hold office.” Truman replied by mail two months later. “I am returning the check which you sent me endorsed to Mr. Bogart, Jr. I hope you will buy him a Savings Bond with it and put it in his educational fund with my compliments,” the president said. “It is a rare instance when I find a man who remembers his commitments and meets them on the dot.”
This entry was posted in Goofy
. Bookmark the permalink