- I have no problem calling Bill Belichick the greatest coach of all time, he coached through several eras and adapted and conquered. However, I can’t say Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time. I will concede he is the greatest QB of his era, and it’s not at fault for that. His era of football restricts defense and protects the quarterback, he’s never had to endure the punishment like a Steve Young or John Elway. It’s a different game, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
- That Super Bowl halftime show was as disappointing as I expected. In all seriousness, I predict next year’s Super Bowl halftime show will be a WWE event.
- WifeGeeding and I watched “The Book of Mormon” a few nights ago.
- That was the loosest or most relaxed or carefree theater crowd I’ve ever seen.
- As a product of inter-racial marriage, I tend to notice inter-racial couples, and I’ve never seen so many in one place before.
- As we left the venue, real Mormons were outside handing out materials about their church.
- The Music Hall at Fair Park is going through a renovation, and it’s about time, it’s sadly outdated and stuffy and depressing inside, it’s one of the least Dallas-like venues out there.
- Not too long ago, I taught BoyGeeding a “trick” when adding eights and nines (take
two/one less that number and put a one in front of it). His teacher informed us he wanted to share it with his class and asked to go to the board and demonstrated it, and in doing so, was “very professional” about it.
- BoyGeeding’s seventh birthday is two weeks away. A few weeks ago, WifeGeeding asked BoyGeeding about planning a party, just to get an idea of what he wanted, but didn’t make any solid plans. He must have been pretty excited about it. The next day, he made invitations and handed them out to his classmates. At the top of the invitations, he wrote, “What it is: invitation birthday party” and at the bottom, WifeGeeding’s phone number. That evening, WifeGeeding received several texts from parents about the “unofficial invite”.
- When I was a kid in the Eighties, I thought commercial airliners would look different and cooler on the outside.
- For the first time in history, the U.S. Navy conducted a flyover using all female pilots on Saturday to honor of Capt. Rosemary Mariner, a retired Navy pilot who died last week.
- Bob Parker, the president of the National Peanut Board, has a grandson who has allergic to peanuts.
- Usain Bolt casually ties the NFL scouting combine’s 40-yard dash record in sweatpants
- At the 2019 Super Bowl Experience on Saturday, Bolt unofficially tied the NFL scouting combine’s 40-yard dash record with a 4.22 rumble.
- What makes things even more wild is that Bolt appeared to slow up at the end, in part because he was going to run into a padded barrier.
- “You never know who you are until you encounter what you are not.”
- The Wall Street Journal Bud Light made the ultimate sacrifice in its “Game of Thrones” Super Bowl ad: Inside one of the boldest marketing tie-ins ever orchestrated
- Undoubtedly, the best part of the Super Bowl halftime show.
Watching the halftime show pic.twitter.com/clagYKR6SE
— cory snearowski (@corysnearowski) February 4, 2019
- I like this GIF of the current North Star, Polaris. I say current because back in the year 3000 B.C., the North Star was a star was Thuban (also known as Alpha Draconis), and in about 13,000 years from now, Vega will be the North Star.
- Wade Phillips, again, wearing the jacket and hat to honor his father, Bum.
— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) February 3, 2019