- As most of you know, DaughterGeeding is named after my friend who was to be the best man at my wedding, who died a week prior in a drowning accident. When DaughterGeeding plays a sport and I verbally root for her, I always catch myself trying to say his last name, like I used to do for him when we played intramurals in college.
- I wonder if there has ever been a toilet seat used by both Queen Elizabeth and a sitting U.S. president.
- LeBron James is going to the Los Angeles Lakers. If anyone bought his Cleveland Cavaliers jersey over the last three months from Fanatics with an American Express card, they can exchange it for a Lakers LeBron jersey at no charge per their Fanatics Jersey Assurance Program. I think that’s pretty cool of the company, even if it’s limited to American Express customers.
- When I saw this story on ABC’s ‘World News Tonight’ I couldn’t help but laugh, though I can’t find the story on their website and thankfully everyone is okay (minus a finger). A woman in Australia was hand-feeding a shark who drug her into the water. That’s terrifying enough, but the story further states she fell into crocodile-infested waters. Sharks and crocodiles together?! That sounds like some evil plan Dr. Evil would dream up, though both animals would have friggin’ lasers strapped to their heads.
- Teacher Accused of Trying to Hypnotize Students, Forcing Them to Call Him ‘Master’
- Texas man accused of biting rattle off of rattlesnake, slipping it into rival’s RV
- According to the police report, Sauter found a rattlesnake later that day and used his teeth to rip off the end of the reptile’s tail, silencing the deadly creature. He then allegedly opened the door of Monroe’s trailer and placed it inside.
- As of July 1, Best Buy stopped selling music CDs. The last music CD I bought was on February 27, 2009, when U2’s No Line On The Horizon was released. Now, like the rest of the world,d I just buy my music online.
- While listening to Freakonomics podcast I learned I’ve been using the term “steep learning curve” incorrectly. I thought a steep learning curve meant it took a long time or a lot of effort to learn something. However, if something has a steep learning curve, that means that it’s acquired very quickly.
- 3-year-old cancer survivor serves as flower girl in her bone marrow donor’s wedding
- Meet the Americans Following in the Footsteps of the Knights Templar
- A clip of Bono and The Edge of U2 playing to a small crowd from a porch in Cape Cod. You can watch the whole performance on the @U2 YouTube channel
Bono and Edge played at a beach house in Cape Cod today, performing for 200 radio contest winners. They played Vertigo, Stuck, Every Breaking Wave, Summer Of Love (live debut!), Love Is Bigger & One. Video via bboydave55. pic.twitter.com/IggrJUzGXZ
— U2start.com (@U2start) June 30, 2018