- Fifteen years ago today, WifeGeeding and I were married. Tonight, the stage version of The Lion King will be performed at the Music Hall At Fair Park and WifeGeeding will be in attendance with a group of her teacher friends. I’ll be home watching the kids.
- I’m sure glad over the past fifteen years I haven’t lost any hair or gained any weight. Heck, I can still fit into WifeGeeding’s dress.
- Rehearsal dinner was the night before and to this day I regret how I flubbed my extemporaneousness speech telling each family member and friend what they mean to me. I wanted to tell my brother there was no person I wanted to be like or thought was cooler than him. Instead, I froze, then muttered something about how we always butted heads. I could tell it bothered him, so much so, he brought it up in a conversation as he drove me to my bachelor party and asked me what I meant by it. My bachelor party was simple, we went to the local Main Event to bowl and play some pool. Not one person drank a drop of alcohol that night.
- I’ve mentioned many times that my best man died one week prior to the wedding, and instead of “replacing” him I just reserved the spot for him. The photographer FianceGeeding and her family hired was very strong with the English language. I remember trying to be politely indirect with him when he was taking pre-ceremony pictures asking where was the best man. I didn’t want to make the guy feel bad for asking, he was simply trying to do his job and record memories. I don’t think he ever quite understood the situation despite being more direct, I think he thought the best man was simply late and then decided not to show up. Man, fifteen years. The days are long but the years are fast. It is true.
- For many people, their wedding day was the best day of their life. I can’t claim that, I was still grieving the death of my best man whose funeral I attended just three days earlier, and it was the week of the five-year anniversary of my father’s death, so I was missing him.
- WifeGeeding and I still live in the same ZIP code. Actually, we’ve only resided in two places since we’ve been married. Our apartment is just 1.1 miles from GeedingManor.
- I think WifeGeeding’s favorite memory of our honeymoon night was getting locked out of our hotel room at the Grand Floridian in our bathrobes while trying to find the ice machine. I promise that’s not a euphemism for anything.
- I’ve eaten at McDonald’s more than I’d like to admit. My go-to meal used to be the Quarter Pounder with Cheese with the occasional Big Mac or order of McNuggets. Now, it’s usually the Double Cheeseburger.
- Washington pastor hailed as a hero recalls taking down Walmart gunman
- You Can Now Buy a $4,200 Bicycle From Harley-Davidson
- The logistics of reuniting illegal immigrant parents and their children will be a nightmare, there’s no telling the mistakes which will be made. I bet it’s not fiscally conservative either.
- Oh, Fox News…
- White House to recommend combining Education, Labor Departments
"Go ahead and plan your wedding for a Saturday in the fall. I'm sure no one will mind," said no Southerner. Ever. pic.twitter.com/XL9W2LKVAG
— It's a Southern Thing (@southernthing) June 20, 2018