Bag of Randomness for Tuesday, May 8, 2018
- I think I root against a lot of people, like famous athletes, because everyone else seems to like them.
- While watching Amazon’s ‘All or Nothing: The Dallas Cowboys’, Dak Prescott said something that caught my attention. He said the only thing superstitions do is give you an excuse. I like that. What I don’t like is how much Jason Garrett repeats himself when he talks, it’s almost like he’s a redheaded NFL version of Rainman.
- Local reporter Saul Garza is leaving the news reporting business and I can’t blame him, it sounds like it would get old after a while.
- “I’m just tired of the hours. Tired of the news grind. Covering the same story year after year. Standing at the ‘Hi-5’ during ice storms telling people to stay off the roads. I want to try something else. I have made a ton of connections and I want to use my talents elsewhere.”
- BBC – The woman who watched 300 executions in Texas
- This one sentence stood out because I feel so many of us can relate, “And because I was young and bold, everything was black and white.”
- Dallas Named America’s Best City For Jobs For Second Year In A Row By Forbes
- When I see a headline like this, I feel like I’m shortchanging myself by not exploring other jobs and maxing out my potential income. But I really love the people I work for, feel like I’m more than adequately paid, enjoy the challenges and exposure to new technology, and love the balance of my work and professional life.
- Oliver North to be NRA’s new president
- My high school football coach (I graduated in 1994) had a framed photograph on his desk of Oliver North being sworn in before his Iran-contra testimony. I can’t recall if he had a photo of his wife and kids, but I can certainly recall the Oliver North picture. Back then, I knew who the man in the photo was but wasn’t really familiar what his role in history was. I was too intimidated by my coach to ask him why he had that photo of him on his desk, but he had it placed in such a way that I think he wanted to be asked about it. I think my coach had the distinction of being the last quarterback for the University of Texas at Arlington (1985).
- ‘Arrested Development’ returns to Netflix on May 29th – The first season five trailer reveals Lindsay is running for Congress.
- GIF – That time Donald Trump motor boated Rudy Guliani dressed in drag.
- Is MoviePass the greatest deal in entertainment or the most astonishing scam in years?
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink