- WifeGeeding and I were asked to attend a special awards ceremony yesterday at our kids’ school as BoyGeeding was receiving a surprise citizenship award. At first, I was like, what you mean “citizenship award”, he was born on U.S. soil? I’m kidding. As soon as the ceremony was over he was walking with his class to their classroom and was upset at us for stopping him to hug him and take a picture. He said he felt embarrassed to be getting the extra attention and he was scared he was going to get in trouble for stepping out of line.
- I’ve mentioned this before, but at the start of each day, all the kids in school (about 400) gather in the gym for announcements and the Pledge of Alliegence. When dismissed, the headmaster and assistant headmaster shakes every student’s hand and they are required to make eye contact as a show of respect.
- I somewhat got into a bit of a Twitter spat with local television critic Ed Bark. I replied to a tweet he made about the finale of FX’s ‘The American’s’ which he stated he just watched but it won’t air until next week. My tweet contained a phrase used in this week’s episode and he thought I was spoiling something used in next week’s finale. However, he admitted he watched the final two episodes back to back and mistakenly thought what I was quoted was in the finale. Heck, I only wish I’d access to the finale.
- President Trump wrote a letter to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and addressed him as “His Excellency”. Like the rest of the world, I was disappointed he didn’t address him as “Little Rocket Man”. There’s no surprise the letter contains a lot of passive aggressiveness, but this part stood out the most and can easily be read using the President’s voice, “You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.”
- White House Gift Shop Website Crashes After Discounting Commemorative U.S.-North Korea Summit Coins
- The fictional drug used in The Fugitive is Provasic. Close friends of mine know I try to drop it in any conversation I can.
- An old coworker is moving from Texas to Orlando to work for one of the most well-known video game companies. Despite using me as a reference she got the job. Well, I guess I really shouldn’t call her an “old” coworker, she is still under thirty.
- ‘Black object’ strikes car, 18 miles later driver finds handgun sticking out of bumper
- Graphic – Settlements to Districts – Tracing the Identities of Downtown Dallas Neighborhoods
- Andrea, thank you so very much for sending me this article, I had no idea others related to the subject matter – 21 Proven Ways To Overcome Impostor Syndrome.
- I had no idea camels could eat cactuses with long needles with no problem.
- NPR Article – What’s Going On In Your Child’s Brain When You Read Them A Story?
- This NASA Camera Melted During a SpaceX Rocket Launch, But the Photos Survived
- College Pitcher Turns Ground Out Into 2 Runs Scored
What. Just. Happened. 😱
Georgia and Ole Miss are tied at 3 in the 8th. pic.twitter.com/IgS9OXH71t
— SEC Network (@SECNetwork) May 24, 2018