- That picture is a scene from the movie Pleasantville. I’m surprised I never noticed the homage to To Kill A Mockingbird. All the “colored” people are on the second floor.
- I’ve participated in a few escape rooms so this New York Times article caught my attention. However, this is the first I’ve heard of one which starts participants off in a coffin. This claustrophobic wouldn’t be able to handle it. I know in Texas you can’t actually be locked in a room because it’s against the fire code.
- When my coffin lid was slammed shut and padlocked, I didn’t panic. It was dark, and my wrists were chafing from the handcuffs. Nearby, I could hear my husband, Teddy, scrabbling about in his own coffin, testing to see if his lid was sealed securely (from the sound of it: yes). The air smelled like a warm shoe. Teddy shouted my name, and I shouted back. Entombment did nothing to dull our communication skills.
- Instead of playing during recess the other day, DaughterGeeding worked on a science fair project about spiders. But here’s the thing, there was no science fair project assigned, she just did it for herself. Last night she was supposed to be sleeping but she stayed up working on a science fair project about ants and displayed it on a poster board. Once again, she did this on her own, nothing was assigned or asked of her. I don’t know if I should be concerned or not.
- I used to love roller coasters, especially ones at big parks because I thought they were pretty safe. Now, I don’t have a lot of faith in the safety of them anymore. Maybe I’m just older and feel more vulnerable. I can’t imagine riding one the way my back feels now.
- This isn’t very encouraging for some consumers covered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas – Starting in June, when some policyholders go to the emergency room, if their ailment is later determined to not be serious enough, they could be on the hook for 100 percent of the medical costs.
- The face the girl in the background is making cracks me up.
- Yes – Can You Really Sign Things In A Legally Binding Way By Just Writing A Big X?
- Politico – Church of The Donald – Never mind Fox. Trump’s most reliable media mouthpiece is now Christian TV.
- Reggie Bush might be retired but he’s still in shape.
Photo from Zurich Pro-Am: Former Saints running back Reggie Bush blasts out of the sand after borrowing the Rock’s arms pic.twitter.com/etFtGwgsvf
— Michael DeMocker (@MichaelDeMocker) April 25, 2018