- Stephen Hawking has died. Most folks considered him the smartest or most intelligent human alive. Now, I wonder who the world will regard as the smartest or most intelligent person alive? Probably someone nonfamous.
- Hawking was on a recent episode of ‘Star Talk’. Both he and Neil deGrasse Tyson are huge admirers of Sir Isaac Newton. Tyson asked Hawking what would he ask Newton if given the chance. Hawking’s answer was most interesting because his question to Newton was one in which Hawking solved the problem to, something Newton was working on before he died. “Is the solar system stable? And what happens to a star that cannot support itself against its own gravity?”
- I can’t imagine living like he did with that disease, but for his profession he understood his unique advantage. Hawking wrote in a 1984 essay, saying that illness gave him the time to think through physics problems, rather than lecture or perform administrative duties.
- DuringRex Tillerson’s tenure as ExxonMobile’s CEO, the company at various times was the most valuable in the world and served as President of the Boy Scouts. Amazing a man like was notified of his firing via a tweet, and not even a direct tweet. I’ll give President Trump this, he’s legendary.
- This just may well sound like I don’t care for our first responders, but it irks me how much the local news covers any of their deaths. I have no issue with them informing us of their death and showing clips of their funerals, but it’s overboard and sensationalism when they have live coverage from a helicopter of the hearse transporting the body. I feel like they are playing with our emotions and using a death for ratings.
- On my “Ask Us Anything” post, someone asked if I had a guilty pleasure TV show. I mentioned the ‘Golden Girls’ but in retrospect, I should have answered ‘Hack My Life’ on truTV. It’s just a goofy show about solving a bunch of life little problems like how to get stains out of something and such.
- My mother would get angry if I left something in the pockets of my dirty clothes, more so if they happened to make it into the wash. She emphasized it was my job to empty out my pockets, especially if someone else was doing my laundry for me. Because of this, I’ve made it a habit to always check my pockets before throwing anything in the dirty clothes, and I passed this down to the children. WifeGeeding has never learned this habit. She often leaves tissues in her pockets and after a wash, shreds of tissue are everywhere.
- Elon Musk is poaching ‘The Onion’ staff for a comedy project
- YouTube limits moderators to viewing four hours of disturbing content per day
- California High school teacher accidentally fires gun in class, students injured
- A teacher who also serves as a reserve police officer accidentally fired a gun inside a Seaside High School classroom Tuesday, police said, and three students were injured.
- Dallas Morning News – Texas Beach Watch has launched a map to track the presence of fecal bacteria along the coast, indicating the severity of the problem: green for OK, yellow for watch out and red for stay away. Actually, green stands for low levels of fecal bacteria, yellow means medium and red indicates high.
- Dallas Morning News – First Baptist Dallas pastor Robert Jeffress: Evangelicals don’t care if Trump had sex with porn star
- “It’s absolutely ludicrous,” he said, adding that “evangelicals know that they’re not compromising their beliefs in order to support this great president.”
- Jeffress said that he would never walk away from Trump and that it would take more than the current allegations for evangelical voters to do so.
- Just not a fan how he thinks he speaks for all Evangelicals, but then again, a majority of them do love the POTUS and are very vocal about it.
- “Give a man a plane ticket and he’ll fly for a day. Push a man from a plane and he’ll fly for the rest of his life.“
Show your kids this picture. Ask them what type of life they think this man lived.
Then tell them he couldn't write, but wrote a New York Times best seller.
That he couldn't talk, but his voice was powerful.
That he refused to let his limitations limit him.
RIP, Stephen. pic.twitter.com/Isf7yA2fek
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) March 14, 2018
I’m the same way on the coverage of police killed. I saw one recently where they were showing the helicopter footage and making a big show of it . They never even mentioned the innocent civilian that was killed. Was their life less important?
Jeffress is not a man of God. He’s using the church as cover.
While I don’t like the direction Rex Tillerson turned the State Department (which I think is probably the best of our government entities,) I admire and respect him. Like my father, Rex Tillerson’s father Bob was a professional Boy Scout (No, they don’t get paid to help little old ladies across the street – it’s the professional arm of the BSA, administration, etc.) While Rex Tillerson was the President of the BSA, he and my father worked fairly closely together, including laying the ground work for what would become the inclusion policy the Boy Scouts have recently implemented. I had the opportunity to meet him several times, including at the Rose Bowl for the 100th anniversary of the Boy Scouts, while my dad was serving as CEO of the Los Angeles Area Council. He was generous with his time and very kind. Bob Tillerson just passed away about 3 weeks ago.
Long story short, I think Trump handled this extremely poorly, and a man like Rex Tillerson deserves FAR better than the way he’s been treated.