Bag of Randomness for Tuesday, March 27, 2018
- I can count the number of times I’ve worn cufflinks on one hand. You really have to have an uppidty job to consistently wear them.
- I’ve never worn a top hat but would like to have an excuse to one day, other than some Abe Lincoln skit.
- BoyGeeding loves to slide down the handrail of the staircase. I should probably stop him, but I want him to be a daring young boy and the expression of joy on his face is priceless.
- The kids’ school had their first lock down drill. The kids were instructed to hide and be quiet as the assistant headmaster played the part of an intruder trying to open classroom doors and yelling to let him in. DaughterGeeding said they were even taught how to hide in the restroom – close the stall doors and squat on the toilet with their feet on the toilet seats. In other words, make sure your feet or head are visible from the stalls.
- I was in a nice email conversation with a friend and he wrote the following sentence which I reflected on for a good bit yesterday, “I’d rather see a sermon than hear one.”
- I keep hearing how great bluebonnets are this year. I want to find an excuse to drive through the Hill Country.
- Former Dallas District Attorney Craig Watkins is back in the news because he’s representing the notary in the Stormy Daniels case. Watkins was almost unrecognizable to me. He now has a gray/whitish beard and he looked a bit unkept. I remember his suits looking nice and press and a tight tie, but neither was the case. Also, the man just looked tired.
- If you lived in Texas during the aughts you saw this sticker on every other car. If that sticker isn’t in his presidential museum, it should be. I remember being playfully annoyed by his use of his middle initial because we share the same one. My middle name is the first name of my father, and I started to include it in my signatures to honor or remember him, but a lot of folks thought I included it because the governor/president was using it.
- David Hogg is one of the more visible Stoneman Douglas High School students. He recently tweeted about listening to U2 and the Bono replied back to him in the form of art and lyrics.
- The Heaven’s Gate website still stands as it did in 1997. It’s very Geocities-ish.
- Dallas is 2nd Most ‘Hostile Towing Market’ in US: Survey
- Foxconn buys Linksys owner Belkin to join the smart home battle
- GIF – Shimming open a hotel room door with a pizza menu
- Normally, I think assassination humor is distasteful and horrid, but I give this one an exception.
- President Donald Trump is walking out of the White House and heading toward his limo when a possible assassin steps forward and aims a gun. A Secret Service agent, new on the job, shouts “Mickey Mouse!” This startles the would-be assassin and he is apprehended. Later, the Secret Service agent’s supervisor takes him aside and asks, “What in the heck made you shout Mickey Mouse?” Blushing, the agent replies, “I got nervous. I meant to shout “Donald, duck!”
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink