- Just a small piece of advice to our current president – end all tweets you personally make with your initials so we know it’s from you and a staffer or a lawyer.
- There’s a new Apple holiday commercial which easily grabs your attention. It’s the one in which two strangers find each other and dance in the snow under moonlight. If you think they have great chemistry, it’s probably because in real life they are married. The New York-based couple actually met at a dance theater audition. You can also take dance lessons from them at the Broadway Dance Center.
- Kate Winslet was on ‘The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’ and they talked about Titanic. She revealed she auditioned with Matthew McConaughey.
- Waffle House customer cooks his own meal after finding staff sleeping
- Texas Tech Head Football Coach Kliff Kingsbury was nice enough to send a hand-written letter to a University of Texas player.
- Christian Film Starring Kevin Sorbo Giving Away AR-15 Rifle as Christmas Promotion
- What a fascinating piece of engineering –After 37 years, Voyager 1 has fired up its trajectory thrusters
- This week, the scientists and engineers on the Voyager team did something very special. They commanded the spacecraft to fire a set of four trajectory thrusters for the first time in 37 years to determine their ability to orient the spacecraft using 10-millisecond pulses. After sending the commands on Tuesday, it took 19 hours and 35 minutes for the signal to reach Voyager. Then, the Earth-bound spacecraft team had to wait another 19 hours and 35 minutes to see if the spacecraft responded. It did. After nearly four decades of dormancy, the Aerojet Rocketdyne manufactured thrusters fired perfectly.
- 2 men caught with heroin, weed after parking car in police chief’s spot
- This story from China reminded me of the ‘Seinfeld’ episode where Kramer paints over the stripes on the highway – Man fined for painting road signs to aid his commute
- He was captured on camera on 27 September with a can of white paint painting new arrows onto the road to redirect traffic, and told police it was the result of frustrations over the long delays on his daily bus journey to work.
- BoyGeeding will sometimes surprise me with his observations. While listening to the new U2 album, he asked me if Adam was playing his guitar in a particular part because it sounded slow and the music was deep. About a week ago he asked what instrument each person plays and I tried to explain the sound of Adam’s bass guitar.
- Here are the two U2 performances from SNL.